If you are allergic to dust, pollen grains, mildew fungus etc. You probably get cold and cough very often. Also, change in weather can be a major factor. There are lots and lots of cold and cough remedies out there, including both OTC medicines and home solutions. Homemade remedies always work and they do not have any side effects as well. Eucalyptus is long known for its healing properties especially for respiratory infections and issues. Below is how you could use eucalyptus essential oil for stubborn cold and cough along with its benefits:
- Eucalyptus essential oil is well known for its antiseptic and antibiotic properties.
- It soothes the inflamed mucus membranes, thus easing the pain experienced.
- This well-admired expectorant, it is known to decongest the lungs.
- With antibacterial and expectorant properties, eucalyptus (Eucalyptus globulus) can loosen congestion and help you breathe easier.
- It has anti-inflammatory properties that can help open up the airways in your nose and throat.
WAYS TO USE EUCALYPTUS ESSENTIAL OIL FOR COLD AND COUGH:
Steaming: Pour near-boiling water into a pot. Add a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil, turn off heat, and drape a towel over your head and the pot. Inhale the steam for few minutes.
Eucalyptus bath salt: You need 1 cup Epsom salt and 5 drops eucalyptus oil. Pour the salt in a container and blend in the essential oil. Store the salts in an air-tight container and put 2-3 tablespoons of this bath salt into your bathing water. Breathe deeply and relax while your bath.
Inhalation: Add few drops of eucalyptus essential oil on a clean handkerchief and sniff it throughout the day.
Caution: Patch test before using any essential oils on skin. Consult your doctor before using if you are pregnant.