Essential oils are known as “Miracle oil” because usage of such oils can improve health, digestion, skin and even hair. All in all, essential oils can treat almost every human problem if used the right oil in right quantity and at right time. In India, not many essential oils are available so today I will list the one which are easily available in the Indian market and their benefits too.
- It relieves dry and chapped skin.
- It prevents chapped and sunburned lips.
- Mixing few drops of lavender oil with regular oil and massaging on scalp eliminates dandruff.
- Add 2 drops of lavender oil in your night cream and apply it on your face. It will prevent acne, pimple and other breakouts.
- Add few drops of lavender oil in your body lotion to treat Eczema.
Product: Soulflower Lavender Essential Oil – Rs. 350, KamaAyurveda Lavender Essential Oil – Rs. 750
Rose Essential Oil:
- Get rid of marks and blemishes by dabbing one drop of pure rose essential oil on your face and massage it thoroughly.
- It prevents acne/pimple and other skin problems due to anti-bacterial properties.
- It also reduces skin redness and fights inflammation.
- Use few drops of rose oil in your creams and lotion for deep hydration.
Lemongrass Essential Oil:
- Mix few drops with your facial cream and it acts as natural astringent. It minimizes pore size and gives glowing skin with regular usage.
- Diminishes acne and acne marks with regular usage.
- Mix few drops of lavender essential oil in your regular hair oil to reduce hair loss and to promote new hair growth.
- It controls oily and dry scalp by maintaining a balance.
Product: Soulflower Lemongrass Essential Oil (15 ml) – Rs. 350, KamaAyurveda Lemongrass Essential Oil – Rs. 350
Tea Tree Essential Oil: Always remember don’t apply it directly on your skin or scalp.
- Treat dandruff effectively by simply mixing 5-6 drops of tea tree oil in your shampoo bottle. Wash your hair with it 2-3 times a week.
- Mix 2 drops of tea tree oil with your night cream to prevent acne, pimple and other breakouts.
- Mix two drops with your hand cream and apply it on your nails to prevent nail infection. It will also make your nails stronger.
- Prevent hair fall, hair thinning and promote hair growth by mixing few drops of tea tree oil with regular oil and massaging it on scalp.
Product: Soulflower Tea Tree Essential Oil (15 ml) – Rs. 350, KamaAyurveda Tea Tree Essential oil – Rs. 550
Ylang Ylang Essential Oil:
- If you’re suffering from hair loss then Ylang Ylang essential oil will be extremely effective. Take 2 drops of it and mix it with several drops of coconut oil. Massage it on your scalp every night to see effective results.
- Mix a drop or two with your daily moisturizers and apply on face. It balances sebum thus it’s good for both dry and oily skin beauties.
- It adds natural glow to dull skin with regular usage.
Product: Soulflower Ylang Ylang Essential Oil (15 ml) – Rs. 350, KamaAyurveda Ylang-Ylang Essential oil – Rs. 550
Argan Essential Oil:
- Use argan oil as nighttime moisturizer and prevent acne because it reduces sebum levels.
- Use argan oil as leave-in conditioner for your hair and say goodbye to bad-hair-day. It tames frizz and makes hair manageable.
- Start using argan oil in your late 20’s to slow down the aging process.
- Moisturize and soothe dry chapped lips by apply 2 drops all over your lips.
- It also enhances skin complexion and elasticity.
Product: Soulflower argan oil – Price. Rs. 800
Essential oils are super-concentrated so never apply then undiluted on your skin directly. Always dilute it using lotions, gel and creams to avoid allergies or chemical burn.