Epsom salt, when combined with vinegar and warm water, is a potent ingredient for a foot soak that not only gives you softer and smoother feet, but also helps treat numerous problems like sweaty feet, corns, calluses and irritation. Check out how to use Epsom salt-vinegar foot soak for beautiful feet:
BENEFITS OF USING EPSOM SALT-VINEGAR FOOT SOAK:
- Epsom salt has healing properties that heal the skin tissues present in your feet of irritation, fatigue and discomfort. It soothes the skin and induces relaxation.
- Vinegar has acidic properties that prevent fungal and bacterial infections on your feet and helps treat sweaty feet.
- Adding lavender oil helps induce a calming sensation.
- This foot soak, when merged with the use of foot scrubs, pumice stone and moisturizer gives you soft feet free from rough patches.
HOW TO USE EPSOM SALT-VINEGAR FOOT SOAK
Things that you need:
- Vinegar-1 cup
- Epsom salt-1 cup
- Lavender oil- a few drops (optional)
- Warm water
- Foot basin
- Epsom Salt Scrub
- Pumice stone
- Moisturising foot cream
- Fill 2/3rd of your foot basin with hot water (the water should be hot but you shouldn’t end up scalding your feet).
- Put Epsom salt and vinegar into the water in the foot basin and mix well.
- Add a few drops of lavender oil.
- Soak your feet in the Epsom salt-vinegar foot soak solution for 15 minutes.
- Now that the rough patches of your feet feel softer, use Epsom salt scrub to exfoliate your feet, including the heels and the areas around your toes (to make Epsom salt foot scrub just add enough hot water to a handful of Epsom salt to form a paste).
- Dip your feet again into the foot soak and rinse the scrub off your feet.
- Take your feet out of the salt soak, wet your pumice stone and rub it on wet feet, especially on the corns and calluses. Do it for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rinse your feet in the foot soak, if it is still clean, or in a separate tub of lukewarm water, whichever suits you.
- Dry your feet with a soft towel.
- Follow up with a good quality foot cream to keep your feet moisturized.
- While buying Epsom salt, ensure that the label specifies that it’s ‘suitable for human use’ as there can be different grades of the salt meant for various uses.
- If you are under medical supervision for diabetes or heart ailments, ask your doctor before using the foot soak.