When it comes to creativity and innovation, nothing can beat those delicious varieties that you can try out with chicken! Chicken is extremely versatile and that is why it can be cooked in numerous appetizing ways.
Today I am going to share a recipe which is very easy to cook. The best part is that it can be cooked in a matter of only twenty minutes! There is absolutely no hassle involved and all the ingredients you would require to prepare this delectable chicken curry are readily available in your kitchen.
- 1. Chicken- 250 grams (thoroughly cleaned and cut into 7-8 pieces)
- 2. Onion- 1 (large)
- 3. Tomatoes- 2
- 4. Garlic- 9-10 cloves
- 5. Ginger- one inch cube
- 6. Green chillies- 2
- 7. Turmeric: ½ teaspoon
- 8. Red chilli powder: ½ teaspoon
- 9. Coriander powder or Dhaniya powder: 1½ tablespoon
- 10. Cumin powder or Jeera powder: 1 tablespoon
- 11. Garam masala powder: 1 tablespoon
- 12. Salt to taste
- 13. Cooking oil: ½ tablespoon
- 14. Water: ½ cup
- Clean the chicken pieces thoroughly and wash the vegetables in running water.
- Peel the onion and boil it for about 3 minutes. Cut the tomatoes into halves.
- Blend the tomatoes, garlic, ginger, green chillies and the boiled onion together into a thick and smooth paste.
- In a microwave-safe pot (that has a lid), put ½ tablespoon cooking oil. Now place the chicken pieces in the pot. Add the tomato-onion-ginger-garlic-chilli paste.
- Add salt, turmeric, garam masala powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
- Mix all the spices and ingredients properly.
- Now, as for your microwave oven, adjust your ‘microwave’ option to 750W or 800W, whichever is convenient, and set the timing to 5 minutes. Cover the microwave-safe bowl with the lid, place it in your microwave oven and cook for 5 minutes.
- After that, take the microwave pot out and stir the half-cooked chicken and gravy with the help of a spoon. Add water.
- Again, set the temperature to 10 minutes and place the pot into the oven.
- Cover and cook for ten minutes. Your tasty chicken curry recipe is ready! Garnish with coriander leaves for that added ‘green’ effect!
Well, this is perhaps one of the best recipes you can try out on evenings when you are too tired to wage a culinary war with fire and kadhai in the kitchen. This recipe involves only a bare minimum use of cooking oil; hence it is healthy too!
The spices impart a complete Indian flavor to this dish. The flavor of ginger and coriander is distinctly perceptible. Cook this chicken curry in twenty minutes and serve it hot with roti or naan. After all, why let a tiring day intervene when it comes to enjoying a palatable dinner?