Dry shampoo has been around since 1960 but from the last few years it’s been gaining popularity. Dry shampoo is very different from the regular cleansing shampoo we use in day-to-day life. It’s basically a powdered substance which is used to absorb oil from hair in time bind situations. Dry shampoo is a great way to get rid of greasy scalp, oily hair, bad odor and to fix bad-hair-day immediately without washing hair. It’s smart, quick, easy and hassle-free idea to use dry shampoo instead of leaving home with oily, unmanageable hair.
Benefits of using Dry Shampoo:
- They are time-saver.
- Absorbs oil and bad odor from hair.
- Convert bad-hair-day into good-hair-day within few minutes.
- Adds volume to hair.
- Prevents bangs from sticking to your forehead.
- You can also use dry shampoo before using a flat iron so that your hair remains straight for few more hours as it prevents oil on scalp.
How to use Dry Shampoo spray:
As the name suggests, you don’t need to wet your hair as it’s basically a quick-fix for busy and lazy people. Dry shampoo is not for cleaning it’s used to absorb oil and grease from hair to make it look fresh and bouncy. Dry shampoo is available in three forms- powder, liquid spray and aerosol spray. All three types essential do the same thing.
- First untangle your hair.
- Now divide your hair into sections depending on your hair-thickness.
- If you are using a spray shampoo, hold the bottle at least 2 inches away from roots and then spray evenly. If you are using powder dry shampoo, then just sprinkle it on your scalp and the massage it on your hairs. Wait for 1-2 minutes so that the dry shampoo can soak up oil.
- Now brush out your hair so that excess dry shampoo can be removed easily.
Dry Shampoo’s available in India:
L’Oreal fresh dust dry shampoo: Now refresh and cleanse your hair while you’re on the move! L’Oreal Professionnel Tecni Art Fresh Dust Shampoo is the ideal dry shampoo for hair. The no residue shampoo mildly cleans your hair and scalp while the micro oils help absorb dirt and impurities from hair.
Price: Rs 950 for 150ml
Lush No Drought Dry Shampoo: No Drought gives your hair an extra day without washing. Just massage it sparingly into your scalp and through your hair, and then shake it out (if you have got long hair, you might need a quick brush to make sure you are covered). Corn flour and talc absorb excess oil and leave locks soft to the touch.
Price: Rs 800 for 115gms
Tony&Guy Refresh It Dry Shampoo: This Dry Shampoo from TONI&GUY is the perfect pick to clean your hair between washes. This spray absorbs all the oil from your hair that builds up a few days after a wash and gives a stylish matte textured finish. It even perks up that post-party hair hangover and helps to add shine and volume with a diffused finish.
Price: Rs 950 for 200 ml
Dove Invigorating Dry Shampoo: Absorbs oil between traditional washes so hair looks and feels refreshed. Weightless formula cleans to transform lifeless hair, so you can enjoy fresh, volumized hair, even when you skip your regular wash.
Price: Rs 5000 for 5 ounce
Tresemme Fresh Start Dry Shampoo: Now you can rock salon-gorgeous hair even on the second day. Our complete line of dry shampoos have a new formula that helps revive your look by absorbing excess oil without leaving visible residue.
Price: Rs 950