India’s Ayurvedic traditions are known worldwide. One of the Ayurvedic beverages, Chai Tea too is very much well known. Chai tea is what you need when you are craving for something warm, tasty and healthy. Though there are a lot of debates over chai tea being healthy or not keeping in mind its caffeine content. Simple black tea is high in caffeine while the traditional Indian Chai Tea is loaded with Indian spices that have tremendous health benefits and can actually boost your immunity.
Here are the benefits of spices included in Chai Tea so that you know whether it is good for you:
BENEFITS OF CHAI TEA CONTENTS:
BLACK TEA LEAVES
- Black tea leaves are high in antioxidants that help you fight free radicals in the body thereby getting you rid of heavy metals.
- Lowers risk of heart diseases by preventing the oxidation of bad cholesterol commonly known as LDL cholesterol.
- Decreases the risk of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Protects against osteoporosis by improving bone mineral density.
- Ginger is packed with high number of potent antioxidant compounds. The antioxidant properties prevent and inhibit inflammation, asthama, nausea and also reduce the risk of cancer.
- Ginger also aids in digestion and improves metabolism.
- Ginger soothes the stomach.
- It boosts immunity that wards off cough, cold and other infection and diseases.
- Cinnamon too has potent antioxidants that fight free radicals and helps your body get rid of heavy metals.
- It also has anti-inflammatory effects that reduce inflammation in the body thereby healing muscle pains, headaches, PMS and pain related to bruises etc.
- Cardamom stimulates circulation thus soothing the senses.
- It also aids in digestion and improves metabolism.
- Cardamom helps fight seasonal and usual respiratory allergies that prevent cold, cough, itchy nose etc.
- Has detoxifying properties that cleanses the liver.
- Fennel is a rich source of vitamin C, potassium and fibre.
- It helps fight stomach problems and infections and also catalyses digestion. Helps relieve constipation too.
- Helps to reduce bloating.
- Fennel is an immunity booster that helps prevent various infections and diseases.
- Pepper corns help support digestion and increases the metabolism rate.
- They too are rich in anti-oxidants that help you fight free radicals in the body thereby getting you rid of heavy metals.
- Pepper corns prevent fat build up thus helping you maintain a healthy weight.
- Cloves are one of the best stimulants which is known for its anti-fungal, anti-bacterial and vaso-relaxing properties.
- Reduces stress
General health benefits:
- Prevents colds – The antioxidant properties found in chai work to support the immune system.
- Relieves PMS – Chai spices such as cinnamon and ginger have been shown to relieve the symptoms of PMS.
- Aid in digestion and reduce bloating – The ingredients in chai tea like black pepper, ginger and cinnamon aid in digestion and reduce bloating.
- Strengthen immune system – The immune system is boosted due to the presence of cardamom and ginger in chai tea.
CHAI TEA RECIPE:
Note: The traditional chai tea has 5 spices namely cardamom, ginger, fennel, peppercorns and cinnamon. Although, there are many other spices that can used according to your taste preferences. Masala chai tea recipe.
Chai tea is great in nutrient rich ingredients and they have various health benefits. Having chai tea in moderate quantities provides you with much needed beneficial compounds that are good for health and caffeine too won’t have negative effects.
** Many chai tea brands include a lot of different herbs in chai tea which can cause side effects. These herbs and spices in chia tea can interact with modern medicines. Therefore, if you are pregnant or take medications, it is a good idea to consult your doctor.