Brazilian waxing is something one would always prefer getting done from a professional at a well-known salon. Waxing of such a sensitive and hard to reach place is not an easy task when you consider doing it yourself. Girls with right amount of patience and practice can only try this daunting step!
If you are attempting for a Brazilian waxing on your own, make sure you clearly go through the dos and don’ts which will help you even further and make your experience a smooth one.
- Trim the hair to ¼ inch which will make waxing easy.
- Wash the area with warm water to open the pores and make waxing easy and less painful.
- Always use a scissor for trimming hair at hard to reach areas and always use a mirror to see the area you are trimming. This will avoid nicks and cuts.
- You may use baby powder before waxing the area to keep it dry and this will ensure that the wax sticks to the hair only and not the skin.
- Always test the wax temperature before applying.
- Apply wax only in the direction of hair growth. If you don’t know the hair direction, you may feel it with your hands.
- Always apply pressure on the waxing strip before ripping it off to make sure all the hair sticks on the strip.
- Make sure you pull the strip only in opposite direction.
- Pat the area immediately after waxing to soothe it.
- Always exfoliate before waxing and only 2 days after waxing.
- You may use johnsons baby oil post wax to clean up the residual wax and also moisturize the skin.
- Wash the waxed area with cold water to close the pores and calm the area.
DON’TS OF DIY BRAZILIAN WAXING:
- Do not wax the same area over and over again. It is possible that some hair might not get removed properly, but you might use a tweezer to pluck the remaining hair.
- Do not pick ingrown hair as it might lead to infection and bumps.
- Avoid waxing during periods and few days before periods. The area then is very sensitive and may cause more pain than usual.
- Do not wax if you have any infection down there. Waxing will worsen the pain and condition.
- Do not apply any cream or moisturizer before waxing.
- Do not apply any fancy creams and deos down there.
- Do not use cheap quality wax as they might not be thick but runny which may cause more pain than usual (based on my own experience).
- Do not wear tight clothing after waxing.
Hope these tips help you in a smooth waxing experience. Happy waxing.