Clean and clear skin not only looks beautiful but is a sign of good health. We are all born with flawless skin but as we age, we get all kinds of skin problems like acne, blackheads, whiteheads, oiliness, bumps, textured skin etc. Bentonite clay is a naturally sourced product that can provide many benefits for your skin and it is indeed is a miraculous product that is an answer to almost all your skin issues. In fact, people even consume it to treat various health issues (consult your health practitioner before attempting to ingest any clay). Below is a very easy DIY face mask that can keep your skin clean and clear along with its benefits:
- Bentonite clay contains essential mineral elements such as calcium, potassium and sodium which is beneficial for skin.
- Bentonite clay can effectively soak up the extra sebum from skin, which is a primary source for all skin problems like clogged pores, acne, textured skin, black heads and white heads. This way, it also keeps your skin free of excess oil and shine.
- Bentonite clay is a great skin detoxing agent! Bentonite clay can deeply cleanse the skin and soak up extra sebum, at the same time it also draws out and soaks up toxins that helps keep your skin healthy and free of problems.
- Regular use of this natural mask adds a glow to your skin. More about bentonite clay >>
RECIPE FOR DIY SKIN CLEARING FACE MASK:
Things you need-
- 2 teaspoons pure and good quality bentonite clay powder
- 2-3 teaspoons of 50% diluted raw and unfiltered apple cider vinegar.
- Ceramic or glass bowl and spoon.
- In a ceramic of glass bowl, add 2 teaspoons of bentonite clay powder. Do not use metal or any other bowl as the clay can react with it.
- Add in 2-3 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar. You will observe effervescence or bubbling.
- Mix the clay and add in some water if needed to adjust consistency.
- Apply the clay mask on a cleansed face and let it dry for 15 minutes.
- Wet your face with rose water, massage and rinse off the clay with water.
- Apply a heavy duty skin moisturizer after you pat dry.
**Note– You might see some skin redness after using the mask which is normal and will subside after some time. If you feel severe inflammation of the skin lasting for more than an hour, do not use the mask again and consult a doctor; this means that your skin is very sensitive.