A secret to keeping your skin clean, clear and smooth is exfoliation! Face scrubs do a great job in exfoliating your skin thus removing dead skin cells. Rice flour is a well-known skin exfoliator thanks to its gentle cleansing particles. Commercial face scrubs d work but why to spend a fortune of them when you can make your own face scrub cum mask at home using natural ingredients? Below is a recipe for DIY skin brightening rice scrub cum mask along with its benefits:
- Rice contains a great deal of para aminobenzoic acid, ferulic acid and allantoin. Para aminobenzoic acid serves as a good sunscreen and increases the absorption of Vitamin C in the body. Ferulic acid is an anti-oxidant and allantoin is inflammatory in natures and repairs the skin. Rice water beauty benefits and uses
- Rice flour makes a good exfoliating agent as it gently scrubs away the dead and flaky skin to reveal younger looking and even toned skin.
- Honey is known to contain bleaching agents and is often used in preparing face masks for uneven skin tone. It also helps in brightening up your face.
- Regular use if this mask cum scrub can alleviate hyperpigmentation and restore your skin’s original color. Hyperpigmentation is one of the main causes of uneven skin tone.
- The scrub also inhibits acne-causing microbes thus prevents blemishes and pimples on the nose and wherever you use it regularly.
- The scrub also cleanses the pores thus helping you keep your skin clear and prevent acne.
- The scrub can be used as mask that nourishes and brightens the face and when massaged, scrubs away all the unwanted dirt and grime along with cleansing the pores.
RECIPE FOR DIY SKIN BRIGHTENING RICE SCRUB + MASK:
Things you need:
- 2-3 teaspoons of rice flour
- 3 teaspoons of honey or more to adjust consistency.
- In a bowl, add in 2-3 teaspoons of rice flour followed by 3 teaspoons of raw honey.
- You can add in more honey if the mixture seems dry or un-spreadable. Mix the contents properly until you achieve a caramel-like consistency.
- Finally, apply it evenly all over your face with fingers or a popsicle stick. Let it stay that way for 15 minutes. The mask isn’t going to dry since it contains honey.
- Wet your hands after 15 minutes and massage gently for exfoliation.
- Do this for good 4-5 minutes. Finally, rinse it all off followed by a toner and moisturizer.
You can also use this before bedtime and before applying your night cream to wake up to a soft and bright face. Use this mask 3-4 times a week for visible results.