The skin around our joints- ankles, knees and elbows tends to usually be a shade darker and a tad bit rough as compared to the rest of our skin. Which means it needs special care and I believe that special care is best taken the natural way.
We usually tend to rest our elbows on surfaces which lead to frequent friction between the skin and surfaces. This leads to darkening and drying of the skin; the additional reason being that elbows and knees do not contain sebum or sweat glands resulting in dry and rough skin. The same is the case with knees. Here is a DIY way to scrub away the dead skin cells and reveal a healthy fair skin beneath.
Here are the top benefits of using this DIY Scrub for Fairer Knees and Elbows:
- Sugar and baking soda have exfoliating properties. They scrub away the dead skin cells.
- Milk had moisturizing and nourishing properties. It also leads to glowing skin with regular usage, hence great for knees and elbows.
Here is a recipe for DIY Scrub for Fairer Knees and Elbows:
Things you need:
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Milk as per requirement
- Mix up baking soda and sugar in a container or bowl
- Add milk to make a mixture that is not runny and not thick either
- Apply it on the knees and joints and let it sit for 5 minutes
- Scrub it for some time and wash off with cold water
- Pat dry and apply a moisturizer
Note: you can substitute milk with milk cream if you have really dark and dry elbows and knees.