Maintaining a clean, healthy scalp is vital for hair growth and reducing hair fall. Many of us face a variety of scalp issues. Oily, sweaty scalp, itchy scalp, flaky and dandruff prone, all of them indicate an underlying problem which needs to be treated.
Also, using chemical and styling products may lead to product buildup in the scalp which needs to be cleansed regularly. In this post, I will give you a simple scalp purifying treatment that you can do at home easily to treat all these scalp issues.
- Salt – 2 tablespoon
- Neem powder – 2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice – 1 tablespoon
- Mix the salt and neem powder together in the given measurement. If you don’t have neem powder, you can also use fresh neem paste. But since its very concentrated, restrict it to two teaspoon.
- Pour fresh lemon juice into the mixture.
- You can store this in a container in refrigerator for a week.
- If you have any empty hair oil bottles which comes with a scalp applicator, you can pour the mix into that. I have an empty bottle of Dr.Batra’s hair serum which comes with a scalp applicator. I find it more convenient to apply this treatment using that.
How to apply:
- It is better to do this treatment when you haven’t applied any oil on scalp.
- Part your hair into sections. Dip a cotton into the mix and apply directly on the scalp. If you have a scalp applicator, you can use that instead.
- Start from the front, first complete one side by partitioning to many sections, then move on to the other side and follow the same.
- Leave on for 30 minutes.
- Wrap a hot towel around your head for more effectiveness.
- Wash off with a mild shampoo and follow up with conditioner.
Your scalp will feel clean and healthy after this treatment. If you have very dry scalp, you might need to follow up with a light oil as the treatment can be a little intensive.