Parsley is a well-known herb which is often found in dishes, but it has an amazing impact outside dishes too! Parsley is known for its skin lightening properties that can help reduce the appearance of dark spots, dark circles and discoloured skin on your face. It is also a beneficial acne treatment, particularly when used fresh and crushed parsley is a simple remedy you can make at home for dark circles under the eyes.
Here are the top skin benefits of this parsley acne treatment:
- Helps reduce acne outbreaks and heal up any blemishes.
- Even outs skin tone.
- Reduces scars.
- Lemon juice and honey has anti microbial properties that kill bacteria and acne causing microbes; and also helps in cleansing the skin.
- Brightens skin.
Crushed parsley, applied topically, is a simple remedy for skin discoloration and puffiness, that you can easily make and use at home. There are several nutrients in parsley, such as vitamin C, chlorophyll, vitamin K and various volatile oils, that are suggested to be responsible for its skin lightening and puffiness reducing qualities. Here is a recipe for DIY parsley treatment:
Things you need:
- ½ cup fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Mortar and pestle
- Mix all the ingredients in a mortar
- Grind it to fine liquidy paste by using a pestle
- Smoothen it on the face or you may also apply it only on acne
- Let it sit for 20 minutes
- Wash off with cold water
For a parsley eye mask – you can use the above mixture under your eyes or pour a cup of hot water over a handful of fresh clean parsley and stir the mixture together. Let it steep in until the water has cooled, dip 2 cotton pads in the juice. Lie down and keep the cotton pads under your eyes for 10-15 minutes.
Note: Apply this on face everyday along with consuming parsley tea to speed up acne treatment.