Ever thought of a pencil case made up of paper? (You can use a cloth too but it would require stitching every cut so that the threads don’t come out). Felt would work great! This cute idea is a great way to give a gift of art to a child or artist in your family. It would work with pencils, pens, colour pencils, markers, or just about anything long and narrow. It can simply be used to store your pencils too! Read on to know how to do it:
Things you need:
- Rectangular paper/felt cutout
- Pencils (which you want to gift/store)
- A ribbon or lace to tie the roll
- Place the rectangle of paper/felt horizontally.
- Cut slits in between by folding the rectangle in between. Each slit should have 1 inch space between them and 2-3 inch space at the corners.
- Open the rectangle and weave the pencils in the slit you have created.
- You can then roll it up and tie it with the ribbon to put it in a more compact form.
- You are done!
Note: This can be created with any soft material like silk cloth, cotton cloth, paper, felt, lacy material, chiffon, plastic net etc.