Commercial tanners smell terrible, they’re messy, and they’re made from an unknown assortment of chemicals. When cutting down chemical usage, home made self tanner is a pretty easy thing to toss. Besides, you know what things you have added and this self-tanner smells great!
RECIPE FOR NATURAL SELF TANNER:
Things you need:
- Pre-brewed black tea or black coffee
- Few drops vanilla essence or any other essence of your choice
- A spray bottle
- Cool the pre-brewed black tea as you do not want to burn your skin! (let it cool for half an hour)
- Add few drops of vanilla essence to it
- Add the mixture in a spray bottle
There are a few steps to take before you apply the homemade self tanner. First, make sure your skin is exfoliated. Give the target area (legs or arms, probably) a good scrub with a washcloth a few hours before you need to use your tanner. After your self tanner is cooled and filled in the spray bottle, spray it on the skin and rub it with your palms.
Note: You may layer the spray 4-5 times as it quickly gets absorbed in the skin.