After-shave lotion is a must after shaving since it sanitizes and soothes the shaved area and also prevents ingrown hair. Soothe your skin from bumps, rashes or any other skin irritation caused after shaving or waxing by using a natural after shave lotion you can make by using the recipe below-. The lotion will not only calm your skin but will also moisturize for a soft and smooth skin.
Witch hazel- Has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Heals and sanitizes skin.
Vegetable glycerine- Softens skin, prevents bumps and ingrown hair.
Vitamin E oil- Moisturizes skin, keeps skin soft and supple. Also works as a preservative in the recipe.
Peppermint oil- Has sanitizing, anti-microbial and skin soothing effects.
RECIPE FOR PEPPERMINT AFTER-SHAVE LOTION:
Things you need-
- 1 cup witch hazel
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable glycerin
- 2 tsp of vitamin e oil
- 3-5 drops of peppermint oil
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour it in a bottle.
- Shave well before use and smooth a small amount of lotion on the skin for a soft, moisturized skin.
- The lotion helps to soothe irritated skin and eliminates burning sensation.
**Caution- Patch test before using.