Acne is a common beauty problem. Dealing with breakouts and acne spots can be frustrating and tiring. That is why, you are going to find this post extremely useful. After reading about the easy natural acne spot treatment ideas, you do not have to worry about treating those ugly marks left behind by that bout of acne.
Top Five DIY natural acne spot treatment ideas –
The best part is that the following acne spot DIY treatments can be done at the comfort of your home and the ingredients used for the treatments are easily available. You don’t have to mix hundreds of ingredients together. Just lay your hands on any ingredient you have at home and you are sorted. Moreover, these treatments are easy on your pocket as well! Most of these treatments work wonderfully well for oily acne-prone skin.
- Apple cider vinegar: A clean q-tip has to be dipped into raw organic ACV. Then, rub the blemish gently with the q-tip. If it’s a big patch, use cotton wool for applying the ACV. Do not rinse. This should be done twice daily; do it the first thing in the morning and once before you go to bed. By the next morning, the blemish fades into anonymity!
- Banana peel: After enjoying that nutritious breakfast of bread toast, milk and banana, make sure that you don’t throw the banana peel away. Rub the peel on the spot for a few minutes. Rinse the residue away. This treatment is known to be effective for acne spots.
- Honey: Cleanse your face and apply a little raw honey on your blemish with the help of a q-tip. Now put a band-aid on top and go to bed. Wake up to find that the blemish is gone.
- Castor oil: Dab castor oil on your blemish and the blemish is gone in no time.
- Lemon juice: Dab some freshly squeezed lemon juice on your blemish. Let it dry and make sure you remain indoors. Dillute the lemon juice with water if you have sensitive skin. Use it to heal acne or lighten acne scar.
Top Three DIY natural face masks for acne spot treatment
- Milk-nutmeg mask: If you have combination skin, try mixing 1 tablespoon of ground nutmeg with 1 tablespoon of milk. Nutmeg has antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties while milk soothes the skin. Apply it on your blemish and wait for 30 minutes. It can also be left overnight. Wash off with trepid water.
- Coconut oil-turmeric mask: If your skin is dry yet acne prone, this mask is great for you. Mix a tablespoon of turmeric and a tablespoon of coconut oil together. Coconut oil has vitamin C that aids to fade scars and hydrate dry skin. Leave it on your blemish for 20 minutes and wash with warm water.
- Cinnamon-honey mask: If you don’t like applying oil on skin, here is an oil-free mask for you. It is effective on dry skin. Mix 3 tablespoons of honey with 1 tablespoon of cinnamon. Apply it on the blemish and ait for 15 minutes. Do it throughout the week to see the spot disappear.
Try out these super-easy DIY ideas to treat your blemishes and acne spots. Not only will they fade the scars, but will also make your skin look healthier.