Lotion bars are a very moisturizing body lotion in solid form. They look like a bar of soap but are used on dry skin. Lotion bars are solid at room temperate, so you only need to rub it on your skin. The area touching your skin melts and forms a moisturizing film on it. There are tons of lotion bars available in the market but it is always good to make one yourself, and you know what things you put!
Here is a recipe for DIY Cocoa Butter and Beeswax Lotion Bar- Things you need: (all in equal proportions)
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cocoa butter
- 1 cup beeswax
- Combine the ingredients and melt on a double boiler.
- Pour it in moulds and let it cool completely.
- Pop out the lotion bars from moulds and store in a dry container.
- As the ingredients are natural and themselves have anti-bacterial properties, they stay forever unspoilt when stored properly; also make sure you melt the butters in a dry pan which is totally free of any moisture or water to avoid future contamination of product.
- For making solid perfume, you may add 20 drops of your favourite essential oil to the melted mixture and then pour. You may also add 15 drops of your favourite perfume.
Here are the top benefits of this DIY Cocoa Butter and Beeswax Lotion Bar:
- Cocoa butter is a great source of antioxidants, which help combat free radicals and help save your skin from the inevitable signs of aging and environmental stressors.
- Cocoa butter is the most suitable set of health-giving elements- dopamine, tryptophan, zinc, omegas 6 and 9.
- Cocoa butter moisturizers are good at protecting skin from heat, healing such diseases as eczema and other problems.
- One of the best benefits of using beeswax on the skin is the moisturizing and the softening. Unlike the artificial and often petroleum based chemicals added to many moisturizers and skin care lotions to aid in absorption, beeswax contains Vitamin A and provides long-term moisturizing.
- Besides offering your skin a natural moisture and glow, the anti-allergenic and anti-inflammatory properties of bees wax can actually soothe easily irritated skin, making it one of the best skin care ingredients for those who suffer from allergies or other skin problems like rosacea or eczema.
- Coconut oil has unlimited benefits! It is a natural, cheap and easily available moisturizer which also has anti-microbial and healing properties!