Even though winters are one of the best seasons, the cool atmosphere welcomes dry flaky skin. With very little humidity in the atmosphere skin problems like tightening, itchy and drying of skin are the most annoying winter skin problems.
Applying the store- bought – lotions and washing your face heals for just a short time and regains dryness immediately. They are just claiming to work on skin dryness which is rarely true. Instead it is good to switch to some natural alternatives whose result is slow but yet effective.
One such natural remedy to reduce winter dryness and add beauty to your skin is from the magical wonder cactus, aloe vera. The beauty benefits of aloe gel was identified long back right for the days of Egyptian queen Cleopatra. Using aloe gel as a natural exfoliate helps to heal the skin from dryness. An easy homemade scrub can be prepared with ready kitchen ingredients keeping the aloe gel as the base.
Aloe gel- Hydrates, soothes and intensely moisturize skin.
Yogurt- Balances skin pH, nourish and also moisturize skin.
Oat flour- Calms skin, reduces irritation, softens skin and buffs away dead skin cells and dirt.
RECIPE FOR ALOE VERA SCRUB FOR DRY SKIN:
Things you need-
- 4 tablespoons aloe gel
- 3 tablespoons yogurt
- 3 tablespoons oat flour
In a bowl, add aloe gel and yogurt.
Add in oat flour and mix well.
Aloe scrub is ready. The scrub will have a sticky texture but it helps buff off dead skin cells and intensely moisturizes.
How to Use:
- Wet your face in warm water and massage in upward and circular motions.
- Cover more of time under the chin and nose ends as they are the dirt prone sensitive areas of your skin. Continue massaging for about 5 minutes.
- It is better to carry the scrubbing in a wash room to avoid the mess.
- Wash out splashing water to face.
- You can also use it as a body scrub while in shower for soft, moisturized skin.