The egg, which is pure protein, acts as a natural hair cleanser. High in protein, egg shampoo is excellent for every hair type. The protein works to strengthen the hair shaft, and adds volume and texture to the hair. Since I don’t use shampoo, I always keep trying a lot of shampoo recipes- egg shampoo being one of them. I would like to admit that of all the recipes I have tried, egg shampoo has been the best of them with amazing after-effects.
Let us first know the benefits of using this DIY Egg shampoo:
- Gives a rich protein treatment to the hair
- Strengthens hair follicles
- Makes hair smooth and silky
- Stops hair fall
- Adds a nice shine and smoothness to your hair
Here are 2 recipes for DIY Egg shampoo:
Things you need-
- 1-2 eggs with egg yolks
- 2 tsp honey or aloe vera gel
- few drops of lavender or rosemary essential oil
Beat 2 eggs in a bowl till a homogeneous solution is obtained.
Do not let it froth. Add honey or aloe vera gel to it.
Finally, add in few drops of essential oil and you are done with making shampoo!
Wet your hair and apply the egg shampoo to your scalp the length of hair. Massage for 3-5 minutes and leave it on for 1 to 5 minutes. It actually absorbs really well into your hair. Wash off thoroughly and you are done!
You may give a final rinse of diluted apple cider vinegar or use a hair conditioner to get rid of the egg smell.
Things you need-
- 1-2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mild shampoo
Beat 2 eggs in a bowl making sure it doesn’t froth. Add honey and stir gently making sure it mixes together well.
Add shampoo to it and stir again gently. Use this homemade egg shampoo like your regular shampoo with the benefits of eggs! Use this once a week if you have fine hair and once every fortnight if you have dry, coarse hair.
Ways to remove egg smell from hair:
Sometimes the egg smell can be tough to remove. Try these tips to get rid of the smell:
- Using an Essential Oil such as Lavender will get rid of any left over scent.
- Extract juice from a fresh orange and apply it on your hair and scalp. Let it remain for 5 minutes and then rinse off with regular water.
- You may also try the regular baking soda- ACV method of hair washing after using egg shampoo.