Coffee oil helps to increase the blood circulation and can stimulate the hair follicles to speed up the growth. Coffee grounds can easily be dried and then infused into an oil which can be applied to the scalp in a variety of delivery methods ranging from direct application to the scalp, pre-shampoo treatments, shampoo applications and/or rinse-out or leave-in conditioners. Coffee has roughly double the amount of caffeine that tea does so if you are dealing with a lot of shedding then coffee should be your first point of call to stop it in its tracks.
DIY coffee oil recipe for hair growth – Ingredients required
- Favorite hair oil (Almond, coconut, extra virgin Olive etc)
- Roasted coffee bean powder
How to prepare?
There are two main ways to infuse oil with coffee. The hot fusion method or the cold fusion method but it is really a lot less complicated than it sounds. Essentially, just like with brewing coffee with hot brewing or cold brewing, you are just trying to extract the goodness from the coffee grounds with either heat or time. Check out the recipe to prepare coffee oil at home >>
How to Use?
- Pre Poo Treatment – Just apply the oil over your hair and massage into your scalp about 10-20 minutes before you wash your hair.
- Overnight hair mask – Massage the oil on your scalp using your finger tips and leave it on overnight for stronger hair.
- Coffee Shampoo – Add few drops of oil to the shampoo while you wash your hair.
- Hair Serum – Smooth a small amunt of the coffee oil on freshly washed hair and style as usual.
A simple method to use coffee in your hair care routine is to use it as a hair rinse. Just brew 1 cup of strong coffee and allow it to cool. To apply you can either use it as a rinse in which case you would pour the coffee into a jug, dilute with some water. After you shampoo, pour the mixture through your hair while massaging your scalp with your other hand. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and then rinse off with cold water. Wash your hair with this homemade coffee shampoo for smooth, shiny hair.