Oil pulling is a very effective technique for teeth whitening and fighting oral problems. Oil pulling keeps your gums tighter, makes teeth stronger, removes any stain and thoroughly cleans even the nick and corners of the teeth and mouth. Since coconut oil is anti-microbial in nature and has healing properties, it is a great oil for oil pulling. you can definitely use it alone but blending the oil with some essential oils maximizes the effects and moreover, having the oil in chew-able form makes it quite easy to use. Below is how you could make coconut oil tablets-
Coconut oil- Has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and healing properties.
Clove oil- Has anti-inflammatory, anti-microbial and gum tightening properties. Also helps prevent and heal cavities, gum inflammation, toothache etc.
Peppermint oil- Has a refreshing mouth-feel effect. Also is anti-microbial in nature.
RECIPE FOR COCONUT OIL TABLETS FOR OIL PULLING:
Things you need-
- 1 cup coconut oil
- 10 drops clove oil
- 5 drops peppermint oil
- In a bowl or mixing jar, add coconut oil and clove oil.
- Add in peppermint oil and mix well.
- If coconut oil is solid at room temperature, warm it up before adding.
- Pour the mixture in moulds or ice cube trays and toss it in the fridge to set.
- Pop out the tablets and use one for oil pulling before brushing your teeth.