A detox shampoo aids in getting rid of dust and grime, product build-up from the hair, excess oil to deep clean the scalp for a healthy hair growth. Homemade recipes are best for detoxifying your hair as they are easy to make and contains natural ingredients for healthy hair.
Benefits of Clay for hair –
- Bentonite clay works as a magnet to draw metals and toxins out of the hair.
- Helps to deep clean the hair and get rid of product build up.
- It nourishes the hair follicles and strengthens hair.
- Repairs damaged hair and prevent dry hair.
Clay Clarifying Shampoo –
Things You’ll Need:
- Bentonite clay 1/4 cup
- Mild Shampoo or castile soap 1 cup
- Combine bentonite clay and shampoo to make a clarifying shampoo and mix it thoroughly in a non-metal bowl.
- There may be clumps of clay, ensure that they are broken down and thoroughly mixed into the shampoo.
- Apply this shampoo to get best results and clean your hair well with cold water. Cold water is best because it helps the hair cuticle close.
- Can be followed with ACV rinse to restore scalp pH.
- This shampoo peels off the dead skin cells and refreshes the hair. Use this just once every 2 weeks.
Coconut Milk Clay Shampoo –
- 1 tablespoon of clay
- 2 tbsp water or coconut milk
- 5 drops lavender oil
- Non-metal bowl & spatula
- Mix all the ingredients in a non-metal bowl.
- Wet your hair and squeeze out the excess water.
- Section off the hair and apply the paste to the scalp.
- Massage the mixture and leave it on for few mins before you rinse it off with cool water.
Patch test before use.