Parsley is a leafy herb that is easily available round the year in almost all the regions. This culinary herb is one of the best disease fighters. This has many medicinal properties so it can be directly used as a medicine as well. This article is about DIY under eye treatment using parsley juice and yogurt or buttermilk.
Here are the top benefits of this under eye treatment:
- The high amount of Vitamin C in parsley nourishes the skin from within to reduce fine lines, wrinkles and scars. Consuming parsley stimulates the production of collagen in the skin and promotes cell reproduction and repair. This leads to faster growth of new skin which results in even and smooth skin.
- Parsley contains beta carotene which is converted to Vitamin A for proper maintenance and repairing of skin.
- Parsley works wonder to erase under eye dark circles. It contains high amount of Vitamin C, chlorophyll and Vitamin K which helps to lighten the under eye area and reduce puffiness.
- Buttermilk is naturally jam packed with probiotics and is super rich in lactic acid. Lactic acid is known to soften, brighten and exfoliate your skin. This makes buttermilk acidic and astringent so it can help treat any discolouration on your face or under eyes including age spots, freckles and most importantly dark under eye circles!
Things you need:
- Parsley juice (1 tablespoon)
- Buttermilk/yogurt (1 tablespoon)
- A bowl
- Mix the ingredients in a bowl till there are no clumps.
- Apply it under the eyes and let it sit for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water and pat dry.
Note: Follow this regularly for 2-3 times a week for visible results.