Prevention is better than cure. It is better to start using anti-aging products in your late twenties as this is the time when the first signs of aging might occur. Fine lines, wrinkles, sagging skin with dry patches are all early symptoms of aging. There are many anti-aging products available in the market nowadays. But using natural ingredients from your kitchen is safer and effective in the long run. In this post, we share with you an easy anti-aging serum recipe that you can try at home.
Carrot- Carrots are rich in beta-carotene which helps prevent wrinkles and builds new skin tissues. They also contain retinol which is a key ingredient in many anti-aging skin care products.
Honey- The antioxidants and amino acids content in honey help to keep the skin youthful and radiant. It is also anti-bacterial and detoxifies the skin of impurities. Also, humectant property of honey helps keep skin well-hydrated and soft.
Vitamin E- Vitamin E is known to be associated with reducing aging symptoms. It is a fat-soluble vitamin and is the primary antioxidant against free radicals damage. This also works as a preservative in the recipe.
RECIPE FOR CARROT ANTI-AGEING SERUM:
- Carrots – 2 nos.
- Organic Honey – 2 teaspoon
- Vitamin E capsules – 3 nos.
Method of preparation:
- Wash the carrots well and peel the outer skin. Chop into smaller pieces and blend them finely. Add very little water while blending, else it will spoil soon. Using a sieve or muslin cloth, extract the juice.
- Add two teaspoons of organic honey to the juice.
- Cut open 3 vitamin-E capsules (you can use Evion or any other brand) and add it to the mixture.
- Stir the mixture well and pour it into an empty bottle.
- You can refrigerate and use it for upto 4 days. Make a fresh batch afterward.
Directions for use:
- Take a little amount and apply on to cleansed face and neck.
- Use it 2-3 times everyday.
- You can also apply on hands for youthful looking hands.