That flawless skin sans blemishes and breakouts is something we would all love to flaunt. However, acne is a very common skin problem these days and the worst part is that acne tends to leave behind nasty scars that are deep-rooted and quite difficult to treat. While many homemade treatments and herbal remedies are available for treating these acne scars, one of the best DIY acne scar treatment is one that makes use of aloe vera gel with all its soothing properties.
Keep reading to know how you can make your own DIY acne scar treatment using simple ingredients like aloe vera gel, honey and lemon.
- Aloe vera is a storehouse of vitamins like vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B6 and B12 that have a healing action on the skin.
- Aloe vera is known for anti-inflammatory properties that relieve your skin of inflammation and redness.
- The antiseptic, antibacterial and antimicrobial properties of aloe vera help protect skin.
- Both aloe vera and lemon juice are rich in antioxidants and have astringent properties that effectively keep your skin free from acne and scars.
- Lemon juice, rich in citric acid and Vitamin C, has skin lightening and exfoliating properties that help lighten acne scars.
- Raw honey, with its anti-inflammatory properties, has vital nutrients concentrated in it. It helps relieve redness, pain and swelling associated with acne.
- Raw honey is a natural antibiotic that keeps acne causing bacteria away.
- Freshly extracted aloe vera gel, when combined with the goodness of lemon juice and raw honey, becomes extremely effective in treating acne scars.
RECIPE FOR DIY ACNE SCAR TREATMENT USING ALOE VERA
Things you need:
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- In a bowl, mix a tablespoon of aloe vera gel with a teaspoon of raw honey.
- Add ½ teaspoon lemon juice to it.
- Apply the concoction on cleansed skin.
- Massage gently using upward circular motions.
- Leave it on your skin for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off with tepid water.
- Follow up with a non-comedogenic moisturizer (if needed).
- Do this treatment twice every week.
- Make sure you are not allergic to any of the ingredients used in this homemade mask like lemon juice, raw honey or aloe vera gel; go for a patch test before using this face mask.