A home is a home when it is beautiful and clean. A dust piled, stinky house can never be attractive in the least ways. A clean and pleasant smelling house gives a calm feeling to whoever enters in it. With a little extra effort you can create a positive ambience by deodorizing your house and how you can do it is what we will enlighten you today.
It is normal that sometimes things in your house end up smelling bad. To get rid of the odor, you can do the following:
- Fridge: To get your fridge smelling good, you can wipe the inside of your fridge with vanilla extract; this will give it a nice yummy smell. Cut a lemon into half and place it in the fridge for a few hours. Find out other ways to deodorize fridge naturally.
- Carpet: A dirty carpet will give a dirty feeling to the living room and does not smell good either. So to clean the carpet, sprinkle baking soda on it and let it sit for a few hours, and then vacuum it up. This way, your carpet will stay clean and smell good too.
- Natural Air freshener: Baking soda can be kept in small vented containers in your house and this will help to absorb the odors. Add in few drops of essential oil or perfume to add a pleasant scent.
- Deodorizing Sink: Kitchen is the most used place in every household and for the same reason, it is very dirty. A little extra effort it may take, but if that gives you a sparkling kitchen, then why not? The kitchen sink, which is the dirtiest of all has to be given that extra attention. So clean and deodorize with baking soda and vinegar, boil a large pot of water and then pour it in the sink. This will push out all the microorganisms as well as leftover debris present inside of the drain.
To remove unpleasant odor wafting from your garbage disposal, you can use 1/2 cup salt put it at the disposal and run water on it. The salt will help in dislodging the waste stuck apart from neutralizing odors.
Another remedy is by sprinkling generous amount of baking soda in the disposal area. Allow it to sit for a few minutes and then you may run hot water over.
- Garbage area deodorizing: The garbage disposal area can be deodorized by placing left over lemon, orange or grapefruit rinds either inside the dust bin or in the area around it.
- Bathroom and toilets: A bathroom feels nice only if it smells good. If your bathroom or toilet smells bad, then you should try the following remedies to get rid of all the smell and get a fresh and fragrant bathroom. The toilet paper can be your air freshener. All you need to do is drop some essential oil to the inside of a toilet paper roll tube.
Another option is to put some baking soda along with few drops of essential oil in a jar with lid that has holes in it so that scent will be able to diffuse through it. This will deodorize the bathrooms as well as the toilets.