Chai though is widely used in India, it is loved universally. There are amazing ways to enjoy your cup, today I am sharing with you the one I love the most- Chocolate Chai Latte! This drink is basically half tea and half chocolate along with some creamy milk, which culminates to form a delicious affair for your taste buds.
Chocolate chai latte is essentially a combination of chai latte, cocoa powder, sugar, spices and milk. Super simple and perfect to lift you mood up!
This drink loved by one and all now and whoever thought you can get it just from the Starbucks, well try this one, and I bet you will change your mind. So let’s get on to this super amazing recipe.
Note: While selecting the chai, you can go for chai mix that comes infused with spice mix which makes your job easier.
You can a few drops of vanilla extract to add vanilla flavour to the chai.
Casein free chocolate chai latte: If you go for Vanilla soy milk or regular soy milk for that matter instead of regular milk, then this drink can be relished by people who follow casein free diet too! Superb isn’t it, considering how less the choices are for them. Even the ones following diet or are health conscious should go for soy milk instead of regular milk. The soy milk will give you added stamina you need to kick-start your day.
The chocolate chai latte can be had at any time of the day however you can have it in the morning to get that instant freshness and make your system happy. Have an awesome day J
- Tea/Chai powder- 1 or 2 tsps.
- Cardamom- 3
- Cinnamon- 1 inch stick
- Cloves- 2 no’s
- Cocoa powder- 1-2 tbsp.
- Regular milk/ Vanilla/chocolate soy milk- 1/2 cup(exactly half of your tea decoction)
- Sugar- 2 tsps.
- Take half cup of water or how much ever you need as per the quantity you require along with cinnamon stick, cardamom, cloves in a vessel.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder and tea powder next.
- Bring them to boil and off the flame.
- You can brew it for more time if you want your tea stronger. Basically the more you brew the tea, the stronger latte you get. Once it is done, filter it and take the tea decoction and pour it in a big cup. Now it’s time for boiled milk to. I have taken Vanilla soy milk to add that extra vanilla zing to my tea and of course this makes my tea a healthy drink too.
- You may choose your favorite milk but before adding make sure you whisk the milk well with a whisker to make the milk frothy.
- Now add the milk to your chai and sprinkle cinnamon and cocoa powder on top of the chocolate chai latte.
- This incredibly delicious drink can be enjoyed either hot or cold.