Today I will share a very quick and easy recipe of crispy cheese balls with you and this can be prepared for your kitty parties or family gate together snacks. I can assure you that everybody will love it. You can also make this for your children as evening snacks. Cheese is a rich source of protein and it also contains many micronutrients including calcium, vitamin A, vitamin B12, zinc etc. Cheese balls are also very good snacks for vegetarians. So let’s see the recipe.
- Grated cheese: 1 cup
- All-purpose flour: 3-4 tbsp.
- Bread crumbs: ½ cup
- Corn flour: 3 tbsp.
- Baking soda: ½ tsp.
- Red chilli powder: 1 pinch
- Chopped green chilies: depending on how spicy you want it to be
- Chopped ginger: 1 tsp.
- Very minutely chopped garlic: ½ tsp. (I have used 1 and ½ tsp. ginger garlic paste as I don’t love chunks of ginger and garlic in my mouth! So you can also use the paste)
- Freshly chopped coriander leaves: 3 tbsp.
- Roasted cumin powder: 1 pinch
- Lemon juice: 2 tbsp.
- Salt: to taste
- Grate some cheese (approximately 1 cup) into a large bowl.
- Add refined flour, bread crumbs, and corn flour to it.
- Add ½ tsp. of baking soda to the bowl.
- Add rest of the ingredients to the bowl one by one.
- Lastly, add lemon juice and salt to it.
- Now you have to mix all the ingredients evenly and thoroughly.
- To make a soft dough, pour some water (be careful during the addition of water as a little extra water may make the mixture thin). The dough should be soft to touch.
- When your dough is ready, take small portions from it and shape them into balls.
- If you find difficulty binding them into the round shapes, it indicates your dough is not soft enough. You may need to add a little bit water to the dough again.
- Add some oil into the frying pan and allow it to be hot.
- When the oil is hot enough, put the balls into the pan and deep fry them.
- When the balls turn into golden brown colors, remove them from the oil and place them on a tissue paper.
- When the excess oil is absorbed by the tissue paper, place them on a serving plate and they are ready to serve.