If you go to the gym regularly, you probably are bored of your protein shake! Protein shakes are delicious on their own but having them every day can nauseate you. Also, if you are on a high protein diet, you probably might want out try out few protein-rich recipes. People who are on diet or trying to avoid sweet usually miss having shakes ad smoothies. Mixtures whipped with sweeteners, sweet flavored yogurt, or even excessive amounts of fruit could have a sugar content close to that of a bowl of ice cream! Protein smoothies/shakes are the best you can have especially if you work out. Below is how you could make an easy 3-ingredient coffee protein shake along with its benefits:
Coffee is quite underestimated but it is great to increase your metabolism. Also, moderate amounts of caffeine refreshes you up and gives you energy.
PROTEIN POWDER/WHEY PROTEIN
Protein powder or whey proteins are abundant in all the required and essential amino acids. It contains antioxidant glutathione which destroys free radicals and saves you from signs of aging. Also, protein powders are very low in carbs and are sweet to, this naturally makes the shake delicious.
Almond milk contains more protein than regular milk. Also, almond milk gives the shake a creamy and nutty flavour.
- Only 3 ingredients required
- Easy and quick recipe
- Naturally sweet; no sweetener required
- Low in sugar and carbs
RECIPE FOR DIY EASY COFFEE PROTEIN SHAKE:
Things you need:
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee (Add more or less depending on how strong you want the flavor)
- ¾ scoop of chocolate flavored whey protein powder (any other flavor might be weird and won’t go well with coffee; you can use vanilla if you want)
- 2 cups almond milk
- In a mason jar or any glass, add in 2 tablespoons instant coffee followed by ¾ scoop of chocolate flavoured whey protein powder.
- Add in 2 cups of almond milk
- Use a hand blender or simply stir it thoroughly using a spoon and your shake is ready!