Our smartphone is our new best friend now a days. Most of us cannot imagine our life without our phone, how about the maintenance our phone? Do we give it enough care? Think for a moment about where all your phone has been placed? And who all must have touched it!! How many times have you cleaned it?
Well to tell you the fact, your phone is probably the dirtiest of the things you regularly touch. As per studies, a phone has been found to have more germs than a toilet seat!! Isn’t that disgusting? Cleaning phones is not really a tough job. You just need a couple of things and you are good to go.
- Q tips or cotton swabs
- Microfiber cloth
- Distilled water
- Rubbing alcohol
- Start off by switching off your phone.
- Remove the outer case of the phone if it has any.
- If you can remove the battery of your phone then remove the battery and keep it aside.
- The phone might have a screen protector, you may remove it and then clean if you want. In any case be careful while removing the screen guard as peeling can cause cracks to spread. It is recommended to keep the screen guard on as that will ensure that the moisture is not spread to the phone.
- If you have a keyboard on the phone, then start off by cleaning that.
- Dip a Q-tip in the alcohol and gently rub it on the keyboard buttons and in between the buttons too. Make sure that the alcohol does not transfer to inside of the phone.
- You can next move to the other parts like the logo or imprints. The Q-tip will help you to reach to the places where normal cloth cleaning will not.
- If you have metal trim on the phone then use water dampened cotton swab instead of alcohol. Once the outer portion is cleaned thoroughly, move towards the inner part of the battery cover.
- You can use a dry cotton swab to clean that area or dip it in distilled water to clean it. Once you have wiped the parts with water, dry it immediately.
- Next dampen a cotton swab with distilled water and clean the camera lens as well as the flash in spinning motion. Once cleaned use the other end of the cotton swab to dry it quickly.
- Next take the microfiber cloth and dampen it with distilled water. Rinse out the water completely.
- Clean the screen of the phone in single swipe starting from earpiece it microphone. This way no scratches will be formed on the phone.
- Once all the parts of the phone is cleaned keep it out for some time so that all the parts are dried completely and then you may re-assemble the parts of the phone.
Do not use any kind of detergents or house cleaning agents to clean the phone. These liquids have ingredients that can damage your phone completely.