Chickpea Flour Pancake is very easy, quick and healthy eggless pancake recipe. In India, it’s popularly known as Besan and it’s a great way to enjoy pancake at any time of day. You can relish these pancakes for breakfast, Sunday brunch or an evening snack.
To make it more nutritious I have added tons of green veggies into it. Chickpea Flour pancake is healthy and tasty pancake recipe which you can easily make within 15-20 minutes. Let’s get started:
- 2 cups of Chickpea Flour
- 2 cups of water
- One onion, finely chopped
- One tomato, Finely chopped
- 2-4 fresh green chilies, finely chopped
- ½ Teaspoon Chili powder
- ½ Teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- Mashed Green peas (optional)
- Salt as per taste
- Edible Oil
- Finely chop onion, tomato and green chilies. Also add some boiled green peas or any other vegetables to make this pancake more nutritious.
- Put the Chickpea Flour in a mixing bowl. Add the chopped veggies in to the bowl.
- Slowly add water into the mixture and mix it. Don’t add water at once. Mix the mixture with a wooden spoon and keep checking the consistency. The consistency should be neither too thick nor too thin. Once you get a smooth batter, stop adding water.
- Add salt, cumin seeds, chili powder and coriander powder into the mixture. Stir everything well and keep the mixture aside for 10 minutes.
- Put non-stick pan on the stove and add a tea spoon of oil. Spread the oil all over the pan to make it greasy so that the batter doesn’t stick to the pan. Keep the flame medium.
- Once the oil is hot, pour small amount of batter in the middle of the pan and quickly spread it to make a round just like chapatti. Keep the first pancake small in size because there’s a probability that it will get stuck to the pan.
- Pour oil around the edges of the pancake and once the color of the pancake changes to light brown, flip it and cook from other side also.
- Within 2-3 minutes the pancake will turn golden brown and tada it’s ready. Prepare all the pancakes in similar manner.
Enjoy these hot and crispy Chickpea Flour pancakes with chutney, yoghurt or pickle.
- Always remember to stir the batter before using.
- Spread the batter on the pan only when it’s hot otherwise the batter will stick to the pan.
- Always cook the pancake on medium flame.