If you wish to grow your hair long and strong, thick and beautiful, castor oil is your one-stop solution. No wonder this thick oil, loaded with Ricinoleic acid as well as Omega-9 fatty acid, is gaining popularity as a reliable remedy for treating hair loss and boosting the growth of hair! Wondering what the benefits of using castor oil are and how to use this wonder oil? You will find this post useful.
CASTOR OIL BENEFITS FOR HAIR GROWTH
- Omega 9 fatty acid contained in castor oil provides nourishment to hair follicles so that your hair grows faster.
- It has anti fungal and anti bacterial properties that help prevent scalp infections, acne and dandruff.
- Ricinoleic acid contained in castor oil restores the pH balance of scalp and increases circulation to hasten growth of hair.
- Antioxidants contained in castor oil help promote overall hair health and improve texture.
HOMEMADE CASTOR OIL TREATMENTS FOR HAIR GROWTH
- Castor oil and almond oil treatment: When castor oil is combined with almond oil for a homemade hair treatment, your hair and scalp get a heavy dose of zinc and magnesium. Lack of either mineral causes loss of those precious strands. So, to promote hair growth, mix 2 tbsp castor oil with 2 tbsp almond oil and heat the mixture before you massage it well on scalp and hair for around 10 minutes. Leave on for at least one hour and wash off using shampoo and tepid water.
- Castor oil and coconut oil treatment: Coconut oil as well as castor oil is great for promoting overall hair health. Adding a few drops of tea tree oil helps treat dandruff and itchy scalp. Mix coconut oil and castor oil in equal quantities. Add a few drops of tea tree oil for added benefits. Massage the concoction to hair and scalp for 5 to 10 minutes. Wait for 1 hour and wash off. Go for this natural treatment two times a week to boost hair growth.
- Castor oil, olive oil and avocado oil treatment: Avocado oil gives your hair its dose of vitamin E and vitamin B, the deficiency of which contributes of hair fall. Mix castor oil, olive oil and avocado oil, 1 tbsp each and massage the oil blend on hair and scalp. This treatment, when done once every week, gives you strong and thick hair.
Castor oil is very thick in texture. So, make sure you remove traces of the same from hair and scalp using shampoo and lukewarm water to avoid any kind of build-up.