When hair follicle is filled with dead skin cell or excess oil, it is known as blackheads. Blackheads are open and whiteheads are close, this is the only difference between them. Blackheads basically are tiny pimples and when they come in contact with moisture and air, they turn brown or black. Blackheads can be caused due to many reasons, some of the causes of blackheads are:
- Stress: “If you’re happy from inside then it will reflect outside”, I’m sure you all have heard this line? This is actually very true because stressed skin can emerge blackheads. We tend to neglect our skin when we’re in stress.
- Sleeping with Makeup: Sleeping with your makeup is the worst thing you can give your skin. Makeup is loaded with chemicals and if you sleep with your makeup on then it can leads to clogged pores. Clogged pore is the main cause of blackhead.
- Smoking: Smoking is not just injurious fort your health but for your skin too. Smoking blocks pores which leads to acne and then blackheads. Cigarette contains toxins that cause dead skin cells and blocked pores.
- Alcohol and Caffeine: Studies show that alcohol and caffeine cause clogged pores. Yes, if you are die-hard coffee fan then you should cut it down immediately to get rid of blackheads.
- Not Eating Right: “You are what you eat” this is a very famous line and it’s very true. Oily and sugary foods are the main reason for blackhead formation. Eat healthy and have clear skin.
More: DIY mint eye pads to get rid of dark circles.
Here are few home-remedies to get rid of Blackheads naturally:
- Mint Toothpaste and Salt Scrub: Take 2 tbsp of mint toothpaste and mix it with 1 tbsp of salt (regular-salt). Mix both well and apply it on blackheads directly. After 5 minutes of application, wet your hands and scrub gently in circular motion. This is a quick and very effective way to get rid of blackheads immediately. Mint toothpaste opens pores, deep cleans them and the result is blackhead-free skin.
- Egg Mask: Eggs are high in protein, minerals and vitamins. They tighten skin by reducing pore size. Eggs also contain retinol which helps in fighting acne. Egg mask can be very effective if you are suffering from blackheads. Take one egg and separate the white and yellow part in two bowls. Apply egg white on affected areas where blackheads are present and on open pores too. Now take a tissue paper and stick it on your face. This is a peeling egg mask so make sure you use 2 layers of tissue paper, so that it comes off easily. Once it is dry, peel off and rinse with plain water. Now, apply egg yolk on your face for 15 minutes and then wash off with plain water.
- Fuller’s Earth mask: Take fuller earth and mix it with rose water to make a paste. Control the consistency accordingly and then apply all over your face. Keep it for 20 minutes before rinsing. Fuller earth deep cleanses pores and thus helps in reducing blackheads.
- Baking Soda: Take 1 tbsp of baking soda and mix it with some mineral water. Apply it on affected area and then massage gently for 15-10 minutes. Baking soda clears skin impurities and eliminates blackheads.