Treating dry skin can be really troublesome, especially in summer. The hot weather, heat and dry wind take away moisture from skin which can leave your skin dull and dehydrated. The weather can worsen your dry-skin problems. So, it’s extremely essential to pamper and rejuvenate dry skin every now and then. Not just the harmful sun rays, the pollution can also add to the problem. Fret not; you do not need to spurge money on expensive cosmetic products. Here are top-10 beauty tips for your dry skin.
1. Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is the best natural moisturizer and it’s also used in many body butter and body lotions as main ingredient. Massage your skin with coconut oil after shower but make sure the quantity is less otherwise it can be greasy. Coconut oil will treat your dry and itchy skin. And by-the-way coconut oil also acts as natural sunscreen. You can also leave it over night for extra hydration.
2. Almond Oil and Raw Milk: Take 3 tbsp of raw milk and mix it with half tbsp of almond oil. Mix them well and store it in fridge. Once it cools down, apply this paste on your face and keep it over-night. In the morning, rinse off with plain water. This paste will prevent itchy skin and will also reduce dryness to a great extent.
3. Vaseline: The cheapest and effective way to reduce skin dryness and itchiness is by applying Vaseline. Yes, just and some Vaseline and apply it on dry parts. It will nourish your skin and will reduce dryness instantly.
4. Egg and Honey Mask: Treat your dry skin with home-made mask at least once a weak. The best face mask you can make is using egg. Beat one egg and add one tbsp of honey and olive oil each in the egg. Stir the mixture completely and now apply it directly on your face. Keep it for 25 minutes at least and then rinse off with plain water. Egg and honey have moisturizing properties which hydrates dry skin.
5. No to Hot Water: Hot water takes away moisture from skin. And if you have dry skin then the situation can be worse if you take hot shower. So, make sure you bath with warm water instead of hot.
6. Sea Salt and Honey Scrub: Exfoliating is extremely essential but some scrubs take away moisture from dry-skin. You can make your own scrub at home using sea-salt. Take 1 tbsp sea salt with 2 tbsp of fresh honey. Mix them well in a bowl. Now, scrub your body and face with this home-made scrub in circular motion and be gentle. Honey will moisturize your dry skin and sea salt will remove dead skin cell.
7. Lip Care: Don’t forget your lips, they are essential too. Just mix milk cream (malai), with few drops of lemon juice and apply it on your lips. Let it stay over-night and nourish your lips.
8. Tomato and Olive oil: Take a fresh tomato and squeeze out its juice ion a bowl. Now add 1 tbsp of olive oil in it. Apply this mixture on your face for 25 minutes and then rinse off with warm water. This face pack is hydrating and very nourishing. You can use this pack 2 times a week.
9. Rice Water Toner: Toners are essential to remove excess oil from face (yes, even dry skin need toner). You can make your own home made toner at home that will suit your dry skin. Take a pan and fill it with one cup of rice. Now, add water in the pan and the water should be just an inch above the rice. Heat up the pan for 5 minutes and then pour the water in a spray bottle. Voila, your rice water toner is ready. Use this toner after cleaning face and it will take all the dirt away without making your skin dry.
10. Banana Mask: Mask one ripe banana and apply it on your face. Keep it for 10 minutes before washing. This is very good for itchy dry skin.