Steaming allows you to add moisture to your hair promoting longer and healthy hair growth. When your hair does not receive any moisture and is dry it will become dull, brittle, and break.
Hair steaming helps increase the flow of natural oils produced by your scalp. It also helps the oil used for your hot oil treatment to be more effective at lubricating your hair and locking in moisture. The perfect solution for deep condition treatments is to use a hair steam that will lift the hair cuticles and allow the ingredients to absorb faster.
How to steam hair at home??
You can invest in a hair steamer or use one of the alternative methods below to achieve the same effects.
Saturate your hair with natural oil and add in few drops of essential oil to it, you can follow the hot oil treatment before you steam your hair for healthy and faster hair growth.
Steam hair with hot towel :
- Soak a towel in water and wring it out so that the water is not dripping.
- Place the towel in microwave for 2 minutes or until very warm.
- Wrap the warm towel around head.
- Cover towel wrapped head with a shower cap or plastic bag big enough to hold steam.
- Sit under hooded or bonnet dryer or just use your hair dryer for 10-15 minutes.
- Rinse off, shampoo and condition as usual.
Steam hair with hot water :
Hair steaming can do wonders to your hair. It is a deep conditioning treatment that stops hair breakage, makes your hair soft, conditions scalp and retains moisture. Steam treatments are beneficial for all hair types, especially dry or damaged hair. A deep conditioning steam treatment can be easily done at home for faster hair growth.
Once or twice a month massage your scalp using coconut oil for about 5 – 10mins in circular motion using your finger tips to increase blood circulation and finish off by steaming your hair for soft, shiny and healthy hair.
Steaming your hair with a hot towel after oiling is very good as it helps hair to absorb the oil. For an at-home hair steam treatment:
- Dunk a towel in a bowl of hot water
- Squeeze off the excess
- wrap the wet warm towel around your hair
- Cover a shower cap over it and leave it on for 30mins.