Turmeric, also known as curcuma longa, is a very common herb. Turmeric oil is very powerful and packed with rare compounds as it is extracted from such a powerful healer herb. Turmeric essential oil uses abound in traditional medicine and aromatherapy for the health and cosmetic benefits derived from this oil. The benefits of Turmeric oil is known for thousands for years because of its incredible health endorsing qualities. Read on to know what they are:
WOUND HEALING PROPERTIES
Turmeric is a natural antiseptic and antibacterial agent and can be used as an effective disinfectant. If you have a cut or burn, you can sprinkle turmeric powder on the affected area to speed up the healing process. Turmeric also helps repair damaged skin and may be used to treat psoriasis and other inflammatory skin conditions.
Turmeric oil has been discovered helpful for arthritis and also joint care. It controls the extent of inflammation as well as providing pain relief through its analgesic effects. It may also help in muscle pain.
BENEFICIAL FOR BOTH HAIR AND SKIN
Turmeric oil is known to assist in avoiding hair loss, particularly male pattern baldness. This action is additionally related to its anti-oxidation as well as anti-inflammatory qualities. Turmeric oil is additionally utilized in numerous skincare formulas for making skin appear younger.
Turmeric oil can be used on acne. Being an anti-fungal and antiseptic, it will dry out the pimples and also prevent breakouts. How to make turmeric oil. You can also use it to fade away marks or hyperpigmentation giving you a blemish-free skin. Mix it with a carrier oil and use it at night or add few drops in your mask for a flawless skin.
Turmeric oil is said to have anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, analgesic, anti-oxidant, anti-spasmodic, antiseptic, diuretic, anti-allergic, digestive, vulnerary, carminative, astringent, cardiovascular, cholagogue, anti-tumour, appetizer, stimulant and alterative properties proven to be the best natural cure for the most problematical human illnesses like cancer, HIV/AIDS, Alzheimer’s disease, urinary tract infections, amenorrhea, haemorrhoids, gallstones, sexually transmitted diseases (STD) like Genital Herpes, Hepatitis-C etc, liver problems and even the most obscure skin disorders.
- Turmeric is traditionally used for cooking purposes for making your food more tasty and healthy.
- If this oil is taken together with warm water, it offers efficient solution against the asthma attacks.
- Turmeric and its active organic compounds have also been found to improve liver function and reduce the levels of toxicity in the body.
- In case you plan to use turmeric oil on your skin, do a patch test first and see if there are any reactions. Turmeric oil makes your skin more sensitive to UV light, thus use in small concentrations (less than 1%) if you plan to go out in sun within 48 hrs of application.
- Turmeric taken in large quantities, for a long period of time can cause nausea, upset stomach and sweat in some people.
- High dosage of turmeric can lower blood pressure in some instances. Hence, it could react with medication taken for high blood pressure. People on medication must consult their doctors when using turmeric.