Oil of oregano, which is extracted from the oregano plant that grows in Asia, Europe and the Mediterranean regions, is an aromatic oil with antiseptic properties. ‘Thymol’ and ‘Carvacrol’ are two compounds contained in this oil and they help in warding off micro-organisms that cause ill-health. So, what are the benefits associated with this oil? Keep reading!
Beauty benefits of oregano oil:
Oil of oregano is a strong blood purifier and is rich in antioxidants that give you healthy skin and hair. You can incorporate it in your day-to-day life by opting to ingest oregano oil capsules or by using it as a natural oil in your beauty regimen. Check out the top beauty benefits of oregano oil:
- Treats skin infections: Oil of oregano has anti bacterial properties that make it effective for treating skin infections.
- Promotes clear skin: Carvacrol, contained in oregano oil helps to treat skin conditions like acne, fungal infection and rashes when applied topically, thereby promoting clear skin.
- Anti aging benefit: Intake of oil of oregano capsules is known to delay the appearance of signs of aging.
- Treats dandruff: Mix 3 or 4 drops of oregano oil with a tablespoon of shampoo and use it while you cleanse your scalp and hair. After washing your hair, mixing this oil with coconut oil and massaging your scalp with it, will help you get rid of dandruff safely.
- Promotes hair growth: Mix oil of oregano with olive oil and massage your scalp with this blend, once in a week. This hair treatment helps stimulate hair growth. It is also effective in treating the problem of hair thinning.
Health benefits of oregano oil:
The anti fungal, anti bacterial and anti viral properties of oregano oil helps you reap a number of health benefits like:
- Lowering risk of heart ailments: Oregano oil is loaded with antioxidants that offer you protection against heart ailments.
- Immunity against cold: Oregano oil is extremely effective in improving the defence mechanism of your body. Mix three drops of oregano oil in a glass of orange juice and drink it every day for at least 5 days. This will help in eliminating symptoms of sore throat, cough and cold.
- Relieving muscle ache: Suffering from muscle ache? Mix oregano oil with coconut oil and massage your muscles with the concoction. This will relieve your pain.
- Helping in digestion: Did you know that ‘Thymol’ and ‘Carvacrol’ content in oregano oil could actually help calm down upset stomach and support in digestion? Add 2 drops of oregano oil to a glass of milk and drink it to cure indigestion.
Whether you opt for oregano oil capsules or topical application of this natural oil with strong aroma, you can reap several health and beauty benefits. It is however wise to ask your physician before you decide to intake this oil for health purpose.