Nope, cocoa butter just does not give flavor to chocolates, cookies and biscuits. It is also amazing for your skin and hair. Since ages, cocoa butter has been used in various products meant to moisturize and condition both face and hair. Now, you can use pure cocoa butter itself to nourish your skin and hair.
What is Cocoa Butter? Cocoa butter is a by-product in the production of chocolate. It is an all-natural, pure fat extracted from several cocoa beans. Cocoa butter is a very stable and highly concentrated natural fat. It has the tendency to melt at body temperature which makes it easy to be absorbed by the skin.
Benefits of Cocoa Butter on Skin: Cocoa butter can be used as a face or a body moisturizer as itself. It can also be mixed in your regular moisturizers to increase the effect. Cocoa butter helps the skin in the following ways:
- Deep Hydration: Cocoa butter has a high percentage of fatty acids that aids in deeply moisturizing the skin. Due to this, cocoa butter is a preferred moisturizer for dry winters. You can use this both on your face as well as body to get rid of any dryness.
- Antioxidants: Cocoa butter consists of different antioxidants which help in the fight against free radicals. Free radicals are the main cause of premature ageing as they destroy skin cells. Cocoa butter has higher concentration of antioxidants than most of the anti-ageing foods.
- Skin Rejuvenation: Cocoa butter can penetrate to the deep layers of the skin and nourish it from within. The skin appears more plump and hydrated.
- Sensitive Skin: Cocoa butter is also useful in skin concerns like eczema, dermatitis, psoriasis and other skin irritations.
- Scars and Stretch Marks: Cocoa butter has the reputation of fading away scars and stretch marks.
- Soft Lips: Cocoa butter softens and plumps the lips, getting rid of the dryness.
Benefits of Cocoa Butter on Hair: Cocoa butter can be used in many ways for your hair. You can use it pre-wash to act as a hair mask. Melt a small amount of butter and massage into hair. Keep it only for 10-15 minutes, otherwise it will solidify and get difficult to remove. You can use it as a conditioner post shampoo. But use only a small amount on roots. Cocoa butter can also be used as a hair pomade. Take a little bit and smooth over your hair. Cocoa butter will help your hair in the following ways:
- Deeply moisturize your hair.
- Make them strong and healthy.
- Reduce hair loss.
- Repair dry and damaged hair.
- Hair becomes more manageable.
- Rejuvenate chemically processed hair.
- Prevent further hair damage.
So, grab a slab of cocoa butter and use it in your daily skin and hair care routine. You can even start small by using products containing cocoa butter for your skin and hair. You will definitely experience a healthy change.