Acne, dark spots, blemishes, blackheads etc. is a common problem thanks to factors like hormonal imbalance, genetics, improper skin care, poor diet, sun exposure and aging. We find plenty of products in stores that promise clear skin, but natural remedies always work the best! Below is a recipe for DIY skin clearing mist along with its benefits:
- Peppermint is a remedy for flawless perfect skin. It is a solution for any imperfections like pimples, blemishes, blackheads etc. More: Peppermint essential oil uses, benefits and side effects >>
- Peppermint soothes redness and inflammation related to clogged pores and acne.
- It also has a cooling effect that calms down your skin and treats acne and blemishes.
- Tea tree oil, lemon juice and peppermint are natural anti-microbial and anti-inflammatory ingredients that help keep your skin clean and clear.
- Lemon juice also has skin refreshing and brightening properties.
- These 3 ingredients work together in keeping your skin flawless and clear.
RECIPE FOR DIY SKIN CLEARING FACE MIST:
Things you need:
- 1 cup peppermint tea, brewed and cooled
- 4-5 drops tea tree essential oil
- 1 teaspoon- 1 ½ teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Brew 1 cup peppermint tea in filtered water and let it cool.
- Pour the tea into a bowl and add in 4-5 drops of tea tree essential oil.
- Now, add in 1-1/2 teaspoon of freshly squeezed lemon juice and give it a good mix.
- Pour this into a spray bottle and use it as a face mist before makeup, after makeup and throughout the day.
- Before using any essential oil on your skin, do a patch test on a small section of your skin to check for allergic reaction.
- Consult your general physician before using any essential oils if you are taking any medications or pregnant.
- If you have very dry skin, you can also add in few drops of coconut or almond oil.