If you are someone who loves fragrant body washes but hate the idea of using toxic ingredients, you are at the right place. Also, commercial body washes contain ingredients that make your skin dry and stretchy making it mandatory for you to use a moisturizing body lotion. Here is a recipe for homemade oatmeal lavender body wash that not only helps clean and moisturize your skin, but also has great skin soothing properties!
Oat milk- Oat milk has great skin soothing and moisturizing properties. It helps soothe sunburn, heal body acne, soften skin and keep it free from any inflammatory conditions.
Honey- Honey is a natural humectant that keeps skin well hydrated and soft.
Lavender essential oil- Lavender essential oil keeps skin soft and soft. It also repairs dry skin and has a polishing effect. Lavender oil also works as a fragrant in the recipe.
RECIPE FOR OATMEAL LAVENDER BODY WASH:
Things you need-
- ½ cup oat milk
- ½ cup castile soap
- 1 teaspoon raw and organic honey
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 1 cup filtered water
In a pump bottle, add oat milk. If you do not have oat milk, simply blend rolled oats with water and strain.
Add in castle soap and organic honey.
Add water and lavender essential oil. Put the pump and shake gently.
Use this as a regular body wash. DIY- Organic Turmeric Face and Body Scrub for clear, smooth and flawless skin
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.