Products containing natural ingredients are getting very popular these days from skin care, hair care to makeup. When it comes to hair care, natural shampoos are all over the market but not to forget, they contain added chemicals too. Making your very own natural shampoo is fairly easy and the natural ingredients you put in would be pure and effective unlike commercial products. Below is a recipe for homemade aloe vera shampoo that you need to try today!
Aloe vera- Aloe vera has great anti-inflammatory and anti-microbial properties. It keeps scalp acne and dandruff at bay. It also hydrates hair and keeps it softer and smoother. Aloe vera also is super effective against scalp sunburn.
Sweet almond oil- Almond oil works as a skin moisturizer in the recipe.
Vitamin E oil- Vitamin E oil nourishes hair and keeps it soft. It also works as a preservative in the recipe.
RECIPE FOR ALOE VERA SHAMPOO:
Things you need-
- 3 tablespoon aloe vera gel
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- ½ teaspoon vitamin E oil
- 1 cup liquid castile soap
In a bowl, add liquid castile soap. Add in aloe vera gel, sweet almond oil and vitamin E oil.
Give it a gentle stir and transfer the shampoo in a bottle. Use it just like any other shampoo. READ MORE – DIY: OVERNIGHT HAIR GROWTH SPRAY
- Always patch test before use
- If you are pregnant, always consult your doctor before incorporating any essential oils in your health/skin care/hair care routine.
- Never use essential oils directly on your skin, make sure they are always diluted with carrier oil.
- Always use organic ingredients to avoid clogging pores and other skin issues.