Carrots are rich in a number of nutrients such as potassium, essential oils, and antioxidants. Thanks to the abundant amount of vitamin A in carrots, they provide ultimate protection against a number of beauty problems, helping in maintaining healthy skin and hair.
* Glowing skin: Regular consumption of carrot juice, can help in giving you a healthy, glowing skin from within.
* Anti-ageing face pack: Carrots contain vitamin A which is an anti-oxidant and helps to prevent signs of aging like fine lines, wrinkles and uneven skin tone. It also boosts collagen production and improve elasticity of skin. To make an anti-ageing face pack, simply mix carrot pulp with two teaspoons of honey and apply all over your face. Wash off after half an hour. This is an excellent home remedy for ageing skin.
* Scars and blemishes: Applying carrot pulp directly on scars or blemishes can help to clear them with regular use.
* Sun protection: The carotenoids and antioxidants in carrots conditions and protects the skin against harmful UV rays and also heals sunburns. It is recommended to drink carrot juice everyday during summers as it works as a sun-blocking agent.
* Dry skin: Carrots are rich sources of potassium, the deficiency of which leads to dry skin. Drinking carrot juice everyday can keep your skin hydrated and moisturized. To make a moisturizing face pack for dry skin, mix carrot pulp with honey, milk cream and olive oil. Apply this lovely, edible carrot mask all over your face and leave on for 20 minutes. Wash away to reveal soft, supple and moisturized skin.
* Carrot facial mist: Blend 2 carrots and a handful of mint leaves into a fine pulp. Filter the juice and store it in a spray bottle in refrigeration. You can use this as facial mist to refresh your face and also it works in fading blemishes and scars, while also treating and healing sunburn and rashes.
Carrots for hair care:
Drinking carrot juice regularly offers lot of vitamins to hair, thereby reducing hairfall and making your hair thicker, shinier and stronger. The vitamin C and E present in carrots improve the blood circulation in scalp and thus prevent premature greying of hair.
* Hair mask: For dry, brittle and lifeless hair, you can make a hair mask using banana, carrot, yoghurt, olive oil and honey. Blend everything into a fine paste and apply on your dry scalp and hair. Cover you hair with a shower cap and let it remain for an hour. Wash off with a mild shampoo.
So these are the health and beauty benefits of carrots. What DIY recipes have you tried using carrots? Share in the comments below.