Here is another recipe for you all and this time we chose carrots which are considered healthy. Carrots are rich in antioxidants and nutrients like vitamin A and C long with beta carotene. When we cook, many nutrients are lost but carrots can be eaten both cooked and raw. They also help body to absorb nutrients easily. Carrots also improve heart health; so taking them regularly can protect heart from plaque formation removing bad cholesterol.
So, today’s recipe is baked carrot fries making which isn’t difficult but little time is required to spare for it. Along with carrot fries you can prepare a dip or serve with sauce. I have made mint – coriander chutney and sharing its recipe as well. So today we are going to share two recipes here:
- Baked carrot fries
- Mint – Coriander chutney or dip
Health Benefits of Carrots:
- They lower bad cholesterol in the body.
- They reduce the risk of developing cancer.
- They improve your vision.
- They prevent memory loss and boost it.
- They prevent diabetes.
- They make your bones strong to some extent.
Health benefits of Mint:
- It helps in digestion.
- It relieves pain.
- It gives acne free skin.
- It prevents oral infections.
- It cures cold and cough.
- It prevents allergies and asthma.
- It relieves menstrual cramps.
- It treats morning sickness.
- It improves immunity.
- It relieves stress and depression.
Health benefits of Coriander:
- It improves digestion.
- It prevents diabetes.
- It cures anemia.
- It detoxes body.
- It maintains healthy eyes.
- It improves women’s health.
Baked Carrot Fries Recipe
- 500 grams of carrots
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Black pepper
- Coriander powder
- Wash and peel the carrots, and then chop them into thin sticks of 1 centimeter thickness.
- Make a mixture of corn flour, black pepper, salt and coriander leaves. You can also use other herb powders as well as per your taste.
- Dip the carrot pieces in this mixture of powder and toss some vegetable oil.
- Spread a single layer of these carrot pieces on a baking tray.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees centigrade and bake these pieces for 40 – 45 minutes.
- make sure to turn it halfway and then take it out and serve with a bowl of any chutney, dip or sauce.
Mint Coriander Chutney Recipe
- 1 cup of chopped mint leaves
- 1 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 green chili
- ½ inch piece of ginger
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 – 2 tablespoons of lemon juice
- Take mint leaves, coriander leaves and chili; make paste in a blender with very little water.
- Mix rock salt, black salt or table salt, lemon juice and cumin powder in it.
- Serve this in a small bowl as a dip with baked carrot fries.
- You can also use tomato sauce, chili sauce, or any other chutney as a dip. Choose the one liked by you and your family and enjoy the spicy, yummy carrot fries.
Hope you enjoyed my recipe. Do let us know your opinion.