The armpit has a very sensitive skin and a small carelessness can lead to dark armpits or infectious skin. The sebaceous glands are very active and produces the body odour that cannot be tackled easily. A lot of sweat occurs under the arms, making it more gross to bear it. Thus, we rely on artificial chemicals such as deodorants, roll-ons and perfumes to deal with these foul odour. We are human beings and believe in socializing. Imagine if people stops meeting us due to the bad body odour. This would be too bad. The deodorants leaves our body with full of fragrances and thus the bad body odour is covered up.
These deodorants and antiperspirants is filled with chemicals that will harm the body on long run. Sweating is a natural process and only the chemicals can prevent the natural process of sweating. The chemicals which are present in these deodorants are:
- Propylene glycol: It is present in most of the personal care products. It increases the chance of allergies and immunotoxicity.
- Aluminum: It leads to cancer and Alzheimer’s Disease.
- Formaldehyde: It is a carcinigen.
- Parabens: It causes an imbalance between the body hormones. It also increases the chances of breast cancer. It has been found in biopsied tissue which is related to breast cancer.
- Phthalates: It is also found in plastics. Can you imagine the risk involved with it? It leads to infertility and hormonal imbalance.
- Antibacterial Substances: They are said to affect the immune systems. They are also known as endocrine disruptors.
Detox Your Armpits: Don’t you think you are being so cruel on your armpits. You are exposing the sensitive skin to the chemicals which will definitely harm it on a longer run. This calls for a detoxification process. An armpit detoxification will ensure that the chemicals are removed from the skin. The following are the ingredients and the procedure:
- Bentonite Clay- 1 tablespoon
- Apple Cider Vinegar- 1 teaspoon
- Water- 1-2 teaspoons depending on the consistency
- Take a glass bowl and add all the ingredients in the appropriate quantity as mentioned above. Do not use any metal to stir it as there are possibilities of chemical reactions. Use a wooden spoon or a non-metal spoon to stir the ingredients.
- Apply On your armpits in an evenly manner. Allow it to stay for 15- 20 minutes. If you feel any irritation or itching sensation, wash your armpits immediately. The sensitive skin is not ready to accept these ingredients.
- If the irritation is bearable, do wait for few seconds. You might also get inflammation or redness. This is due to the increase in blood flow to the armpits. The redness will slowly vanish.
- Use lukewarm water to wash it or take an immediate shower. You can also wet a cotton or sponge to clean the area.
- You may repeat this procedure on regular basis or once in two days.
- Take 1 teaspoon of baking soda and dilute it in little drops of water. Apply the paste on your armpits. Leave It for twenty minutes and wash it off. This will cleanse the armpits.
- Take fresh lemon juice and dilute it in little drops of water. Apply the liquid on your armpits. Leave It for twenty minutes and wash it off. The citric acid will cleanse the armpits and kill the bacteria. It will also improve the body odour.
- Drink lots of water as it will naturally detoxify the entire body.
- Avoid using razors and harsh chemicals on the skin. Waxing can be done but avoid too hot wax. This will burn the skin.
Do leave us your feedback!