Skip the dandruff shampoo, instead try these homemade dandruff treatments for a healthy scalp and hair.
Neem Dandruff Mask:
Neem ( Indian lilac ) helps to cleanse the scalp thus treating the dry, flaky and itchy scalp.
* Crush fresh neem leaves with little water to make a paste.
* Apply it on your scalp.
* Leave it for about 15-20 minutes and wash it off.
Aloe Vera Dandruff Mask:
Aloe vera has antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that is excellent to treat dandruff. The cooling effect of aloe vera with also soothe the itch.
* Mix lemon juice with aloe vera gel for a hair mask
* Massage it into the your scalp for around 15-30 minutes
* Wash if off with mild shampoo.
Onion Dandruff Treatment
Get rid of dandruff flakes and dry, itchy scalp with this wonderful homemade treatment.
* Combine a tbsp of onion juice, with 1 teaspoon of olive oil to make an excellent natural dandruff hair mask.
* Apply mixture to your scalp and let dry for 10-15 minutes.
* Shampoo and rinse hair as usual to get rid of dandruff.