Skin icing has become a popular morning and evening ritual for better looking skin. Skin icing is one of the most popular modern beauty rituals and it contributes to better looking skin. Beauty experts have long used this therapy in spas and skin care treatments, thanks to its wide range of benefits. Before getting on to the benefits of skin icing, let us frst know the right way to do it:
- Take out 4-5 ice cubes from the ice trays
- Put them at the centre of a cotton thin washcloth or any other thin cloth
- Roll the cloth ends and secure the ice cubes in it
- Use this to gently massage your face
- You may also directly use the ice without putting it in any cloth. The plus point is that you can freeze green tea or other good ingredients in ice cube trays and use it directly on face/any body part.
Ice is believed to improve circulation in the skin. Cold constricts the blood vessels so that less blood goes to the surface of the skin (which reduces any inflammation or swelling). The body responds by gradually by sending an increased flow of warm blood to the area.
Excess sebum and debris enlarge the skin pores. Skin icing can tighten and shrink the enlarged pores by unclogging the pores that look larger because of the excess sebum. This procedure also smoothes the skin and makes it look fresh and healthy.
Skin icing reduces swelling and redness, so it is great for pimples. The ice also soothes irritation. Apply the skin icing technique once you notice a new pimple and it will slow the inflammation. This will help you reduce the size and number of blemishes. Hold an ice cube on the acne for several seconds, or until it feels a little numb.
REDUCE EYE PUFFINESS
Skin icing reduces swellings, which means the bugs under your eyes will be greatly diminished.
You may think icing just your face won’t burn fat on the rest of your body but you are sorely mistaken thanks to the vagus nerves. These cranial nerves intertwine control over the nerves of the heart, digestive tract and skeletal muscles right from your head. By throwing the vagus nerves in thermogenesis with an icing, you can effectively influence the nerves to burn fat throughout your body.
Skin icing reduces the visibility of wrinkles and prevents or slows down the occurrence of new wrinkles and fine lines.
- Skin icing can be used as a cheap skin toner and it is recommended to be used right before applying cosmetics and makeup.
- Tightens the skin and making any wrinkles to appear less pronounced.
- Blemishes like pimples, dry skin and rashes also benefit from a routine of icing your face. Keeping pores tight with a cold body temperature helps to eliminate the chance of bacteria and infection finding a home in the crevices of your skin.