Sweet, delicious and rich flavoured pears offer crunchiness of apples yet juicy as peach and nectarine. They are widely popular, particularly in the whole of the northern hemisphere, for their unique nutrient qualities. They provide some much needed relief with their fibre rich juiciness to get some cooling effect especially for kids. They have a lot of fibre content and its anti-oxidants help to fight against many health problems improving immunity. Read on to know the amazing benefits of pears:
- Pears benefits include the presence of fibre, which reduces the cholesterol in the body and thereby protects us from heart diseases. Daily intake of fibre rich food like pears can reduce the risk of stroke by up to 50%.
- High content of fibre present in pears binds to the carcinogenic cells by removing them and prevents colon cancer. A pear a day can prevent breast cancer by upto 34% in women after menopause.
- The presence of vitamin C, vitamin K and copper in pears fights against free radicals that damage our body cells.
- Pears when compared with other fruits have less chance of allergenic reactions when eaten and thus are one of the few fruits that can be given to infants.
- Even though it is slightly sweet, with low glycerine index and high fibre content pears helps in controlling the sugar levels in the blood and prevents diabetes.
- The high glucose content in pears gives you instant energy when you feel weak. It gets absorbed very quickly by the body and converts into energy.
- In order to keep those bones healthy and prevent osteoporosis, it is very important to maintain the pH of the body and eat recommended amount of calcium daily. pH of the body can be maintained through diet by consuming fruits and vegetables daily. The boron rich pears can help to absorb the calcium consumed easily.
- A medium sized pear contains around 20-25% of the recommended daily intake of fibre. Since its fibre is insoluble, it moves through the colon easily and prevents colon polyps. The high fibre content helps and improves digestion.
- Folic acid is very important for a pregnant woman to keep the baby safe from birth defects. Folic acid present in pears can help you in this issue and it is recommended to use it regularly during the pregnancy.
- Pears help to prevent gallbladder problems, colitis, arthritis and gout if taken regularly.
- Pears help in curing fever easily with its cooling effects.
- Pears have anti-inflammation properties which help to reduce inflammation of arthritis and other such problems.
- Pears prevent throat problems during summers. So it is good to take a pear a day or a glass of its juice will do the work.
- The fruit is rich in vitamin C- a super effective antioxidant, vitamin K and copper. All these elements are capable of combating harmful free radicals thereby protecting our skin cells from severe damages. It eventually helps in toning up the skin and curtailing the formation of fine lines near our eyes as well as lip area.
- If you are worried about your dull and unattractive hair, pears can be of help. All you need to do is to prepare a natural hair mask at your home by mixing the extract of 1 fresh and ripe pear, 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar and water. This is a great hair revitalizer that can revive your dull hair and restore its lost shine.
Pears are among the least allergenic of all fruits. For the same reason, they often recommended by health practitioners as a safe alternative in the preparation of food products for people most prone to common allergies.