Canola oil is considered as edible oil which is extracted from seeds of varieties of rape plants or rapeseeds. However, like consumption of rapeseeds does not prove to be harmful over human, canola oil extracted from rapeseeds does not affect too. Rapeseed is an ancient ingredient used from the European age which was used as burning fuel. Here we mention you some of the benefits of canola oil.
Let’s get out hands first on the composition of canola oil.
Canola oil is praised by the mainstream food industry due to its fatty acid content
- Saturated fat – Canola oil contains about seven percent – half the amount found in corn oil, olive oil, and soybean oil.
- Monounsaturated fatty acids – This is the most abundant fat in canola oil. The MUFA oleic acid makes up 61 percent of canola oil.
- Polyunsaturated fatty acid – Compared to palm oil and olive oil, canola oil has a higher amount of PUFA. It has a ratio of omega-6 fat (linoleic acid) and omega-3 fat (alpha-linolenic acid) of 2:1
Here we mention you some of the benefits of canola oil.
- Contented heart and avoids heart stroke
Due to low level of cholesterol and bad fats in the oil, it leads to happy and contented heart. Due to essential omega 6 and omega 3 fatty acids, it helps to keep the heart satisfied and happy too.
- Healthy to be consumed
Due to high amount of anti oxidants present in the oil, it helps to kill the free radicals in the body which helps to fight against them. There are no bad fats present in the body, which proves it beneficial over body and avoids the risk of cholesterol.
- Reduces skin inflammations
Canola oil can also be applied on the skin without diluting it with other essential oil. It helps to treat any inflammations and swollen on the joints and other body parts. Canola oil has also proved essential in lowering the risk of asthma and other joint problems.
- Healthy for skin
Due to canola oil being rich in vitamin C, it helps to give a good texture to the skin. The oil is not much sticky in nature, which makes it beneficial to be used on oily skin too. There are many creams and lotions that use canola oil in its making.
- Helps to reverse the aging process
Canola oil can help to fade the wrinkles and dark circles on the face effectively. This is due to essential anti oxidants and vitamin E present in the oil. You can add few drops of canola oil to any of your night creams or lotions and then apply on the face.
- Hair re-growth
Massaging the scalp with canola oil, can help to re-growth the hair again on scalp. You can also give a hot massage to the scalp on every alternative day and concrete more on areas where there are less chances of hair re-growth. It also helps to eradicate the problem of dandruff.