I’m sure you have heard about coconut oil, coconut water, coconut sugar and the delicious coconut milk. But surprisingly we have coconut butter too, which is more delicious than all the above recipes of coconut. Coconut butter is made exclusively of fat as it contains similar characteristics to that of coconut milk and water but comprises of pureed raw coconut meat, which makes it beneficial for health. One tablespoon of coconut butter can give you 2 gram of fibers along with other potassium, mineral and fats in it. This is more than what you obtain from coconut milk and water both. Here we mention you some benefits of coconut butter.
Helps in metabolism
Both people eating coconut butter have felt magical in metabolism which helps in easy digestion and helps the food to move with ease. Due to dietary fibers present in the coconut butter, it claims to be more beneficial and powerful than eating a banana, which people mostly choose to smooth the metabolism.
Prevents over eating
Although, much of us may not be familiar with coconut butter, but surprisingly it can help to prevent over eating. Being essentially rich in vitamins, carbohydrates and fibers it helps to keep the stomach completely filled which avoids over consumption and eating.
Helps to increase energy level
Basically, Coconut butter is just awesome for all of us to stay fit and healthy. Only a single tablespoon of coconut butter twice a day can help to boost the energy level in your and increase the stamina. You are expected to eat this butter, if you are on a hard working task or approaching for an adventure.
Destroys harmful bacteria
Due to lauric acid present in coconut butter, it helps to increase the stamina and also kills the harmful bacteria and cells in the body. It can eventually kill the free radicals in the body which further prevents them from forming harmful cells.
Other health benefits of consuming coconut butter include:
- Helps maintain healthy body weight
- Increases metabolism and energy
- Prevents bacterial, viral, and fungal infections
- Improves digestive disorders
- Rejuvenates skin and prevents wrinkles
- boosts immunity
How to make coconut butter:
Ingredients: 2 cups dried, shredded, unsweetened coconut
Instructions: Start by placing shredded and unsweetened coconut in a food processor and pulse. After the first few minutes the shredded coconut will start looking more sandy and clumping together. Scrape down sides when needed and pause if the food processor has overheated. Several minutes later, you’ll see it turning into a smooth paste. Add salt to taste if desired.
How to use coconut butter:
- You can simply apply some coconut butter with white or brown bread and serve this as a breakfast. Starting your day with energy packed food can help you to live energetic and healthy throughout the day.
- Melt some coconut butter and put it over fried or boiled potatoes.
- You can use to add some extra flavor to your favorite curry.
- Pasta’s with coconut butter can be easily served to children.
- Baking cake with a flavor of coconut butter can be helpful for your children. They can be molded and served as a chocolate too.