Unlike other beauty therapies, an Ayurvedic facial therapy is known to be the best for any skin type. It is a divinely relaxing experience that purifies, nourishes, and rejuvenates skin for a luminous glow. This nature based treatment uses dosha balancing organic essential oil blends with aroma therapy benefits to heighten the sensorial experience. Why slather your face with artificial products when you can use Ayurvedic herbs for facial?
BENEFITS OF AYURVEDIC FACIAL:
HYDRATE – Since herbal packs are used for this treatment, those suffering from dry skin problems will be benefitted in more ways than one. The packs ensure that the dryness is taken care off and also your skin stays hydrated for a good amount of time.
BLEMISHES – An Ayurvedic massage therapy takes care of acne and acne scars. If you have blemishes that leave a dark patch on your skin, an ayurvedic massage with oils and packs that suit your skin type will heal this problem.
NATURAL GLOW – The herbal and natural ingredients ensure that your skin is well-nourished and radiates.
HOW TO DO AN AYURVEDIC FACIAL:
- Cleanse face and neck with ¼ cup milk+1 teaspoon besan to remove makeup and impurities. Make sure you massage it for 5 minutes and wash off.
- Apply several drops of any ayurvedic oil on fingers and gently massage the face and neck. Repeat three times.
- Slowly bring half a cup of organic milk to a boil, add a few drops of organic rose water and beat until a thick layer of foam appears. Massage milk foam onto the face and neck. Repeat three times.
- Use a facial steamer for five minutes or until the skin perspires. Make a tent for yourself using a towel or sheet.
- Apply a thin layer of bentonite clay to the face and neck. Leave on for three to five minutes or until the skin begins to feel tight.
- Remove clay with remaining organic milk and then rinse milk off with warm water. Use natural sponges for removal of clay.
Note: you may also add up below face masks according to your needs:
ALOE VERA DE TAN PACK
Aloe Vera helps to reduce the tan on the skin. This pack can be prepared by mixing 2 tbsp. of aloe Veragel with one tbsp. rose water and one spoon lemon juice. Apply on the face after returning from sunlight and apply it on the face. Keep for 15 minutes and wash off. Ice can be used after the pack to close the pores.
FIGS AND PUMPKIN PACK
Figs are known to have alpha hydro acids, antioxidants, and vitamins, which brighten the skin tone and exfoliate the skin. Make a smooth paste of 2 figs and 2 slices of pumpkin and ad a few drops of almond oil. Apply on clean skin.
Gooseberry helps to make the pores smaller and remove dark spots and scars. Mash 2-3 gooseberries and mix it with one teaspoon of fresh yogurt and one spoon of honey. Apply on face, keep it for 20 minutes and wash off.